QUIVER TIP FEMALE THREAD

saskcarp

excuse my typing guys, my right hand got severed at work yesterday.

thanks chesters! i was looking under the wrong names untill budgie set me on the right track. when fishing through the ice you have to make sure you detect the very light bites which are more comon than most people realise over here in canada.most guys only strike when they get a tug on the line! i see guys all the time missing bites when the fish are biting real light or even lifting the bait. interchangeable quiver tips are possibly a natural progression for ice rods. i want to make a couple to see how this technology fairs in the ice fishing world. i think it could be deadly for all speciese but especially for pan fish,perch, trout, whitefish and neutral behaving walleye and burbot.

Budgie, i got hooked into ice fishing when i went out on my first trip. I was lying belly down on the ice with my face over the hole in about 8 or so feet of super clear water over the top of a 3foot high weed bed jigging for pike.

A good size pike came swimming right under my face finning and waiting to strike my bait. when it pounced i jumped out of my skin and set the hook in the process of my jumping,lol. it was like fishing in a really big fish tank. i have had the ice fishing bug ever since. i hope you get to experience it one day. Rick.

The Gas

pirate.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im not quite sure what your after but i have a couple of old rods which have screw in quiver tips is it the whole top section you want to add too a rod????

yes that would be perfect, if you could find out what shipping is i would be happy to buy them from you if you are willing. thanks! an ice rod is basically the top section of a rod with a handle attatched where the bottom section would normally be joined at the ferrule. i just need ones with the quiver tips attatched too. :thumbs:

The Gas

pirate.gif

If you're building the rod, why not splice the quiver tip in ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

No.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

So a handle/base piece and multiple weights of tip you can screw in.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

So a handle/base piece and multiple weights of tip you can screw in.

yep. i have times where walleye are biting real light and they want something small. so i use a panfish rod to balance my tackle but when you strike that hard mouth with such a bendy sensitive rod, you often miss fish or lose them shortly after because the rod isn't stiff enough to set that hook right.

The Gas

pirate.gif

i was referring to not using caps for my I's etc.. it's too bloody hard with my left hand, or i'm too lazy. signing for my credit card, wiping my rear end, driving, changing nappies and certain personal alone moments are quite difficult.

The Gas

pirate.gif