Hemp seed to become illegal.....

Si...

its breeding ,wheat and all grains are just a wild grass that has been bred for a particular reason ,in wheats case large grains over many many generations we end up with modern wheat.

hemp is no different in its "native" form its grown for its fibres but strains have been made that improve its other err benefits ,same ancestory but different seeds genetically ,externally identical and both the same, internally down to a bit of gene but both different plants ,same as theres brown humans white humans etc both from the same stock but identical down to what ever gene causes the difference in the finished product.

banning the version anglers use will just ban that version its the other versions that cause the trouble.

plants can be manipulated as with wheat etc or more increasingly hybridised they plants have in the main the original plant but with another plants benefits (resistance or fast growth or whatever) the difference is hybrids (at least the F1 versions) cannot reproduce or produce infertile seed or produce seed from the parent plant etc so you cant save it for next year.

the third way is grafting usually to have a benefit from a major part of one plant on another ,it maybe a restricting root so the top of the plant stays small or several different trees on one root as in self polinating apples (where the polinators one needs is right next to it saving buying another tree) or a multi fruit type plant.

lastly cloning or interfering with the plant directly at genetic level ,the risky method!!!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hemp and cannabis are the same. All varieties are capable of producing THC however, in countries 30 deg. North and South of the Equator, female or hermaphrodite cannabis will produce flowering buds which produce the psychoactive THC. As you travel further North and South, the plants gradually lose their ability to produce large THC producing flowers. Flower and THC production is controlled by photo-period. For the plant to produce flowers of THC quality, the light regimen must be approx. 12 hours daylight Vs. 12 hours darkness. As you travel further North and South, the darkness period increases beyond the 12 hours required. By the time you get to the UK, the plant has all but lost the ability to produce any THC.

When indoor growers cultivate cannabis, they use HIDs or High Intensity Discharge lights like HPS (high pressure sodium) or MH (metal-halide) to replicate the growing conditions in these countries by growing the plants on a vegetive cycle of 18hrs light Vs. 6hrs dark for 6-10 weeks and then switch to a flowering cycle of 12hrs Vs. 12hrs for another 10-12 weeks. After this time, the THC coated buds are cut, manicured, cured and then dried for sale or personal use.

Hemp used to be the 5th biggest crop in the UK. The centre of hemp cultivation in the UK was Hemel Hempstead (hence the name) and its main use was in the shipping industry for sailcloth and rigging but it also makes artists canvas, clothing, lamp oil, food and numerous other thing that would solve many problems all over the world but because of its current status as a drug, it won't be getting used to solve much at all.

I could go on but I'm boring myself. Do have fun with this thread.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

It is typical of our nanny state that they would ban a plant with 100 good uses just because it has one bad one. Or to be more accurate, just because it provides an alternative to the revenue generating drugs that the government would prefer us to use.

I was quite surprised when I saw the sort of cloth that can be produced from hemp. It's not the rough old canvas you might expect. For example

20680_565.fpx.jpg

It is typical of our nanny state that they would ban a plant with 100 good uses just because it has one bad one. Or to be more accurate, just because it provides an alternative to the revenue generating drugs that the government would prefer us to use.

I was quite surprised when I saw the sort of cloth that can be produced from hemp. It's not the rough old canvas you might expect. For example

20680_565.fpx.jpg

Colin some of the finest, strongest paper is made from hemp too. I'm not sure about our own money but all US paper mony and the euro is printed on paper that is made from hemp fibre. And it's not anything to do with a state being 'nanny' or not. The state in France is a much bigger nanny than ours and they don't have all these restrictions. The good old US of A is a lesser nanny than most and their restrictions on growing hemp are ludicrous. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Hemp is one of the hardiest plants in existence. It grows everywhere from Siberia to Thailand to Mexico to Africa. It will grow anywhere there are the poorest soils to stand up in, the smallest amounts of nutrients and the weakest sunlight and it only grows better if these basic requirements are improved on. It would solve many problems the world over but our obsession with curing the drug problem has made sure we never look into its uses, some of which we already knew about and stand to forget if we can't see the plant for what it is. If you've ever seen one single plant in full seed, its potential as a foodstuff makes rice look paltry by comparison. Rice needs constant attentive cultivation practices to grow well enough for food consumption. Hemp grows very well all on its own without our intervention but grows exceptionally well with a little help. It doesn't taste half bad too.

Click HERE for nutritional information on hemp

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

And it's not anything to do with a state being 'nanny' or not. The state in France is a much bigger nanny than ours and they don't have all these restrictions.

Perhaps because the French don't let nanny forget who works for whom? ;)

hear hear (how the fook can i be saying that :D )

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Perhaps because the French don't let nanny forget who works for whom? ;)
That might bet it Steve.

hear hear (how the fook can i be saying that :D )
'Cause its true?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote