Do These Boilies Exist!?

daveyyboyy123

As Budgie says that defeats the whole point of them. Also do you really want to be feeding fish fluorescent pink baits ? - they are stuffed full of chemicals. Stick with a normal colour bottom bait and fish matching boilies - or use with the fluoro pop-ups for their difference.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

I have seen (And used) the pop ups but not the actual baits sorry.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Solars' winter secret,i believe its just called secret now

Good Gear

Regards Jay

Dont do a lot of carping these days but on my last excursion i used these and they worked well on their own in the depths of winter. poped up and criticlly balanced, Winter secret nice colour lol

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

Cheers Jay mate :D

By using a bottom bait of which is similar or the same as the pop-up (my hookbait), i can effectively create a sense of security and give fish confidence in believing the bait is 'safe' to eat. This increases my chances of having a fish.

Also the idea of having freebies links to the idea of actually attracting fish into my swim, again increasing my chances.

The main reason i want a bottom bait is to use one on the hair with a pop-up creating a critically balanced hookbait aiding hooking ability. I think you get my point by now...

Sorry for not fully explaining myself before!

Does everyone now understand why I want a similar bottom bait?

Regards, Dave.

Cheers Jay mate :D

By using a bottom bait of which is similar or the same as the pop-up (my hookbait), i can effectively create a sense of security and give fish confidence in believing the bait is 'safe' to eat. This increases my chances of having a fish.

Also the idea of having freebies links to the idea of actually attracting fish into my swim, again increasing my chances.

The main reason i want a bottom bait is to use one on the hair with a pop-up creating a critically balanced hookbait aiding hooking ability. I think you get my point by now...

Sorry for not fully explaining myself before!

Does everyone now understand why I want a similar bottom bait?

Regards, Dave.

Dave,

I think we all know why you want the same bottom bait, it's just that a fluorescent pink bait isn't the best way of acheiving your objective. The fluoro pop-up baits were created to stand out from ordinary coloured bottom baits that they were fished over.

If you want something 'safe and natural looking' then consider getting something of a more bland colour that blends in with the lake bed. There's thousands of boilies out there so just pick one of them.

Rob.

Dave,

I think we all know why you want the same bottom bait, it's just that a fluorescent pink bait isn't the best way of acheiving your objective. The fluoro pop-up baits were created to stand out from ordinary coloured bottom baits that they were fished over.

If you want something 'safe and natural looking' then consider getting something of a more bland colour that blends in with the lake bed. There's thousands of boilies out there so just pick one of them.

Rob.

Why not Rob? Whats to say that fluro pink isnt the way to go,as we all know single brightly coloured baits have scored well for several years now,whats to say a big bed of brightly coloured sweeties is going to be less effective than a bed of dull baits?

Big beds of sweetcorn has been highly effective for years,nice and bright!

I would guess our lovely old carp have been banked for more times on "safe and natural looking bland colour"baits,than big beds of bright ones!

Got to be worth a try!

That said,i roll me own and they are dull and bland coloured :P

Edited by jay

it tastes like burning

Ive spoke quite a bit about this with Frank when he was fishing our lake.Despite him having done very well with single fluro pop ups and indeed bringing them to the carp worlds attention he feels (and I agree) that the reason they work is that they are so different/in your face that they tempt/shock carp into a "curiosity" pick up.

Im sure you would catch on some waters (especially hungry/instant commercial type ones) using all fluro boillies as the colour would be irrelevant.Its just that I dont think it would give you any advantage and in many cases actually put fish off.You certainly wouldnt get the reaction that they were designed to promote.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!