So this is what 05:40 feels like

Rusty

I'm up and the first coffee of the day is gradually morphing me from zombee status to something resembling an enthusiastic angler. Should be bankside by first light if the thought of a warm bed doesn't convince me that I could eek out another half hour.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Yes I did Chris. Spent a good while there constantly feeding the flush with maggots hoping to tempt something other than the tiddler roach I’d been catching. It paid off with a 2-03 perch, my biggest of the day;

DSCN1383_zpsjykupu5e.jpg

DSCN1384_zpsa07qbpfl.jpg

Made my way back to the first swim of the day with the intention of fishing into dusk but I didn’t last that long, had one more perch pushing a pound before the wind got up and the early start took its toll. I was pleased with the day though, it felt like it should’ve been fairly easy but it turned out to be bit of a grind so three of my target fish was a decent result.

• Like 1

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Nice one - might give that some attention meself next time. I had a 2lb+ chub and (somewhat ironically) a couple of 1lb+ perch from H. Plus the usual mixed bag - full blog later this evening!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog