Price of Petrol

happymondays

Hi just got this sent by email see what you think,

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain

day' campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil

companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't

continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more

of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,

whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can

really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take an aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS, not sellers, control

the market place.

With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need

to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of

petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not

purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting

ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two

biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce

their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will

have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach

literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple

to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... Keep reading and I'll

explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send I t

to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... And those 300 send it to at

least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... And so on, by the time the

Message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have

reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get

excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million

people will have Been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.

(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of

us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of

receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted

within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE

RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy

your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Jet etc.

I.e. Boycott BP and Esso.

as was said before the price of petrol is mostly tax so punishing the companies and distributors for their few % wont achieve anything ,the price of petrol could be slashed f the tax came off but despite the high price of oil it went up 2p a litre in oct not for the benefit of BP but the chancellor ;)

where do you think the petrol comes from that supplies supermarkets? errr BP Shell etc and sold at a loss they dont have their own tesco or sainsbury refinery :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BP supplies our local sainsbury and probably most yes in BP lorries as well.

decides the price of oil (even ours) so boycott the middle east

Edited by Alan Roe

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Cheers guys suppose that's made light work of that idea :lol:

i was on holiday last time the fuel went past £1 a litre. sadly im still here this time :(

forunatly only doing 6000 miles a year means my fuel bill is tiny compared to some. the annoying thing is that it is for the most part the govts fault. every time the price of a barrel goes up the govt make more money. THEN they slap on another 2p. Govts. cant live with em, cant kill em either.

We Brits just accept it!!

parliament voted themselves an obscene price rise, Herr Brown said that the nurses have to have their "increase" in TWO stages - when queried, he lost his temper and told the country (via the news) that to give the increase in a single stage "would upset the rate of inflation!" Two weeks later petrol tax was upped by 2p!! It would appear that the increase to MP's and added fuel tax doesn't increase inflation at all!!!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest Brumagem Phil
nasty little ragheads decides the price of oil (even ours) so boycott the middle east

You are lucky this has not been reported as highly rascist and inflamatory..........but I guess the Venezuelans, Russians and Canadians won't object to being called as your geography (and understanding of oil producing countries) seems a bit off. :rolleyes:

Still, I guess chesters wouldn't be chesters if he didn't do the odd bit of talking whilst standing on his head once in a while. <_<

th determine the price of oil not the russians or the rest so boycott the middle east its called a cartel or in plain terms price fixing.

and theres a few more than the 3 extras you mention

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oil-producing_states

the price is set by and excepted by the rest and as you can see neither russia nor the uk nor the us nor canada can object as they are not in the cartel but are happy to get the (now very high ) price for their oil so encourage the cartel by not objecting.theres is a chance of putting the in their place by dealing more with russia but russia quite likes the price of oil at cartel prices ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPEC

:P

i find it very strange that the uk and american companies find ,find a use for ,extract it refine it and then except foreigners selling it at the price they dictate ,if we hadnt and didnt fund finding it they wouldnt know it existed :rolleyes:

if you had an oil well running under your house you wouldnt have any say in the matter!

Edited by Alan Roe

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Brumagem Phil

Actually chesters, the laws of supply and demand are what dictate prices, but also a fair amount of american and british greed as speculators move the price as they see fit. For example, the past 3 months has seen oil rise 42% in price..........what has that got to do with price fixing?

Theres another thing too. If the US and UK stopped war mongering in the area, the speculators wouldnt be able to hike the price up to where it is now.