List all the jobs you've had

Ian FG

Paper Boy

Butchers Boy (bike deliveries)

Yogi Bear Ride Attendant (Bet that doesn't come up much)

Darts stall attendant

Fast Food seller

Hotel Waiter

Cafe Washer upperer

Cafe Cook

Footer Digger and general dogsbody (mates dad was a builder)

Glass collector in pub

Bar/Cellarman

Civil Servant

Computer System Administrator

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Nick or the good Cap'n hold the record at this point for different jobs (since rabbit won't pitch in with his list) so your employers or my military transfers probably do not and should not count.

Tend to agree with you there Newt, the Captain's list gets my vote as best list, but there are many other interesting ones. What is interesting is how so many folks have gone up and down (and up again) the ladder.

Come on Rabbit, don't be a shy rabbit ;)

Tend to agree with you there Newt, the Captain's list gets my vote as best list, but there are many other interesting ones. What is interesting is how so many folks have gone up and down (and up again) the ladder.

Come on Rabbit, don't be a shy rabbit ;)

Add puppet to your list (and we all know who is pulling your strings :D )

Add puppet to your list (and we all know who is pulling your strings :D )

That's pretty funny rabbit, but no one (not even Newt) is pulling my strings. Smilie noted in your text.

Remember, we may meet one day for a fishing trip :thumbs:

Edited by Ian FG

That's pretty funny rabbit, but no one (not even Newt) is pulling my strings. Smilie noted in your text.

Remember, we may meet one day for a fishing trip :thumbs:

Really?? The three of us :lol:

Edited by Rabbit

i dont know about having the best list! :lol: i see a lot of people my age, that are far better off financially,but i do think i have seen more of the world and its peoples than many.

i used to be nervous of change, as are many people. now,when change comes along i find it a challenge,but am not scared of it. :sun:

cheers lads n lasses

I refuse to put anything down as pre 1986 does not exist to me anymore!

1986 was the year I returned to this country after a VERY acrimonous divorce! (I have had no contact with my kids since then!)

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

just looked all through this interesting thread and it appears that mine is the shortest :rolleyes: list ,although i have had a break when i became a mother ... for six years (mmm me thinks missed out being a mum and housewife !!) I have only ever been a nurse since being 18 years old which is what i truly wanted to do ,so i guess i made the right choice for me,the first as a metallurgical technician was only ever a stop gap till i was old enough to start nurse training ,surprisingly though i did get some metallurgy qualifications!!!

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

BLIMEY!!! Right here goes then.

Left school at 15,

started as an apprentice mechanic,

joined Royal Navy as an OEM (Left 13 years later as CPOWEM(O)

Electrician

Plumber

Service engineer - Commercial Cleaning Equipment

As Above

Shift worker making copper sheeting for electronics industry

Service Engineer - Commercial catering Equipment.

Cleaner/Sweeper up

Lighting Technician!! (Lamp Tramp on Motorway repairs!)

Nightwatchman

Quarry Electrician

Service engineer - Pressure washers

Service Engineer - Hospital Cleaning Equipment

Electrician/Plumber

Kitchen Installer

Gas Service Engineer

Gas central Heating Installer

Gas Safety operative (Doing landlord safety tests!)

Ditto for Estate Agent!!

Market Stall

Fishing tackle Shop

RETIRED HURT!!!

So left school at age 15 and am now 50 (51 next month) and I am KNACKERED!! BUT totally enjoying life such as it is in France!! And the red wine helps keep me so! (In fact just got local supermarkets XMAS brochure! buy 8 bottles of wine for €9.98 and get 4 bottles free!! So 12 bottles for £6.70 at latest exchange rate!!! Enjoy it!!)

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))