Whats your biggest

Ste_Chap25/11/89

Peter Waller:

A pike! Welcome to the madhouse Ste_Chaps! Where do you fish and what do you like catching? P.S. Size doesn't matter!

thanks feeling very welcome! :) erm mainly i got down the local canal in newton le willows ( you ever heard ov it?) mainly catching 2-5lb bream and 1 to up to 8lb tench. all in deep water under a bridge. then i go with my uncle about 10 times a year thats wen i catch the carp my biggest is 8lb yet and chub. but wen im bored i take light tackle ova to an old farm with a few pounds catching the lil perch just for a bit of fun.

i go all ova the uk with my uncle fishing ive only just starting going with him and the best place was garstang or chester. garstang i caught about 50 carp (all sorts of carp) around 3-6lb and about 4 7-9lb. we went for a long weekend realli good fishing it was. the one in chester was hampton springs any1 ever heard of it? there are sum big fish in the little pound at the bottom. i had a big double figure mirror on but wen it came up my uncles mate was just about to get it in the net but the baddest thing happend it came off i was sooooo gutted.

we also went to wales i cant remember wot it was called we stayed in the hotel and the fishing was dredful. it was very shallow no fish were topping this was in the middle of summerl.

sorry if ive bored u lol

ste

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ste nothing boring about your question,its just that our replies would be boring! I prefer the question "what is your BEST fish?" to what is your biggest.

A famous angling writer whose name escapes me once said-

"there are four stages an angler goes through-

1. Wanting to catch any fish!

2. Wanting to catch the most fish.

3. Wanting to catch the biggest fish.

4. Wanting to catch the most difficult of fish."

After nearly 40 years at this game I tend to agree

For the record my biggest freshwater fish is a catfish of 187lb but as for it being my best Im not so sure.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

lol it is if u find the right place. have been fishing it about 4 years and only this last year ave i found two good spots peg 9 and under the bridge. im only 15 so ive got a lot more fishing days to come :D hopefully get a pike wen i get older. where bout do you live ?

(this was to peter didnt no so many ppl would replie by the time i wrote it)

[ 07. January 2005, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Ste_Chap25/11/89 ]

Peter Waller:

Norfolk Broads ste. About 200 yards from a resident big pike!!

i dont want to catch a pike yet i wouldnt kno how to handle it lol. i would want somebody that knows so they could show meL:D. im going soon so i wont replying to any1 because im off to watch fishing on home and lesuire from 9 till 11.30:D will any1 else be watching?

BUDGIE:

Hi ste nothing boring about your question,its just that our replies would be boring! I prefer the question "what is your BEST fish?" to what is your biggest.

A famous angling writer whose name escapes me once said-

"there are four stages an angler goes through-

1. Wanting to catch any fish!

2. Wanting to catch the most fish.

3. Wanting to catch the biggest fish.

4. Wanting to catch the most difficult of fish."

After nearly 40 years at this game I tend to agree

For the record my biggest freshwater fish is a catfish of 187lb but as for it being my best Im not so sure.

i agree now i want to catch the biggest fish lol. but i still enjoy the little ones if they fight as hard as they can. thats the best bit about fishing the fight the fish gives. any1 else agree?

Budgie

I agree. My Bigest match win was a 1,000 peg plus match where I caught 87lbs of bream. In reality there were only about twenty people in with a chance that day and I beat them but no one else.

The win that gave me the most satisfaction was 4lbs 1oz of roach in a Super League match on the Grand Union at West Drayton. That day all I won was my section of 12 but I had Dickie Carr one side of me, Will Raison The Other side Derick Young three pegs away one of the Vincent twins and 8 other top quality match anglers beside in the section.

Its not the quantity its the quality that matters