SeaSickness fast cures

etivejunkie

they are elasticated arm/wrist bands that are supposed to apply pressure on a certain part of your wrist to conteract nausea. Most chemists stock them. They work on my kids who are prone to car sickness

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

With the inshore commercial diving i spent plenty of tome bobbing about on boats. I second what was said earlier about travel pills and fixing on a solid object on the horizon. Also stand in the centre of the boat where the effects of the boat rocking are minimal.

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk

My favourite cream of tomato soup with mushrooms floating in it seems to work on the rest of the 'crew' every time ......

maximises your chances of the 'kitty' or pool, every time.

Been kinda sea-sick twice in mee life:

once 'cos I was 'peeshed' from an afternoon BBQ and it was an evening match at sea.

Second was 'rooming' with Neil Mackellow last October and he chained mee to a bar stool until 2-30am! Still won £500 squid, though.

Best preventative is stay on Chesil beach or buy Stugeron tablets and follow the instructions carefully.

Ada

fudd:

wots sea-bands salar?

Like Tack4 says, but they are a lot of money for not much. You can make your own: get a rig bead and strap it with a broad rubber band or stretchy band-aid so it presses on the UNDERNEATH of your wrist (i.e. where all the stringy bits are), exactly three finger-widths down from the first crease you see when you bend your open hand forward. All you get for your Sea Bands for seven quid is a piece of paper showing just that, and two beads sewn to two stretchy wrist bands. Oh, and a nice little case to keep them in until you sit on it and crush it into a hundred lethal shards.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

when i worked on board the ferry, the first couple of trips i felt queasy, but all the advice given here is good, the only thing i can add is definately try and avoid breathing in exhaust fumes, stay in the middle of the boat, never never go out on an empty stomache it needs lining with gloop ie soup yoghurt porridge or something of the like rather than solids like bacon (save that for cooking on board!). don't worry about the staggering when you get off the boat, i was walking like that for the first fortnight every night i got off the ferry, it's just the middle ear adjusting and forgetting you don't have to wobble to stay straight. the one time i was sick was when the sea was like a mirror (when i was a child not working last year) now i find the bumpier the better, the adrenaline overides any nausea.

Sea bands work for me!

Also Ginger Beer, Meant to calm your stomach but it also makes your mouth taste better when you've chucked!

As before 'Sea Legs' take some getting, I was sick only once when crossing the Atlantic - It just lasted 3 days! :D

Keep off the 'heavy food' and avoid milk and other dairy products as they seem to set many off.

(and smell foul when you hurl!)

Good luck from a fellow sufferer who also likes to mess around on the wet stuff!

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.