Stuff McCain, a pox on Obama

corydoras

There is something about Obama I don't like, I'm just not sure what it is, if you know what I mean. That's not a euphemism for 'I don't like the colour of his skin' either.

Nor for me Cory. There is simply something wrong about the man.

At least with McCain and Palin I feel that we are getting a known quantity.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nor for me Cory. There is simply something wrong about the man.

At least with McCain and Palin I feel that we are getting a known quantity.

I agree, there is indeed 'something wrong about the man'. I just can't put my finger on what it is that bugs me about him. There are things I don't like about McCain too, but I know what they are.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I agree, there is indeed 'something wrong about the man'. I just can't put my finger on what it is that bugs me about him. There are things I don't like about McCain too, but I know what they are.

totally agree. looks like Newt and I are going to a John McCain rally on Saturday. Could be interesting to say the least.

Obama looks too young and thin for my liking. He reminds me of one of those "over earnest" types who occasionally come asking me if I've found Jesus yet.

McCain doesn't look like he'd survive a full term, which always brings about the frightening prospect of some lunatic getting into the hot seat by the back door.

Even more than most times, I look at the pair of them and wonder "If they are the best, what were the rest like?"

No different to here though. sooner or later we will be given the choice between Gordon Brown and David Cameron. We pretend we have a more democratic system with twenty "candidates" running for each seat, but the final result is the same, Hobson's choice.

Obama, to thin, over earnest, something not quite right about the man, hell I know what it is, he is black. It is not a racist thing it is a cultural thing, a lack of connection, plus he does seem almost human rather than a manufactured item called a politician. That can be very disconcerting a bit of a round peg in a square hole, thing is if you give the peg a tap with a mallet (vote maybe) it can quite often fit very well.

Palin makes me feel very uncomfortable, not a woman thing, hell we've been down the Maggie route. Abuse of power they say, now that in my book is not a very good start for someone who could end up in the hot seat or come to that the warm seat.

Mcain, well Mcain is just old, older than me and I would not trust me looking after anything quite as important, memory fades, issues begin to look larger than they are, every thing is some what rusty, people keep repeating themselves when they are addressing you that is a sign of mistrust.

I think I would try and put this cultural issue behind me and give him a spin, he cannot be any worse than those who have gone before him.

I mean if dear old Gordon has buggered up our economy what the hell has Bush done to the USA one? Black hole or what !!!!

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I too must agree with that, Cory. I suspect there is a hidden agenda that has much to do with blacks and possibly muslims. Unlike his rival, Obama has a shadowy past and I can't help but wonder where all the money came from that enabled him to go the the best schools in this country and rise so quickly up the political ladder, not to mention ownership of a mansion in Chicago. Looks like he's going to be elected. Then the mask may come off.

Hey, what's Dolly Parton doing on that video with Tammy Wynette singing? Never mind. I know why. :D

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

I too must agree with that, Cory. I suspect there is a hidden agenda that has much to do with blacks and possibly muslims. Unlike his rival, Obama has a shadowy past and I can't help but wonder where all the money came from that enabled him to go the the best schools in this country and rise so quickly up the political ladder, not to mention ownership of a mansion in Chicago. Looks like he's going to be elected. Then the mask may come off.

Hey, what's Dolly Parton doing on that video with Tammy Wynette singing? Never mind. I know why. :D

Hell now we have an Islamic terrorist going for president :rolleyes: financed by Bin Laden no less :lol:

eat.gif

Petals Florist

It took a while for the penny to drop on this side of the pond too severus. Have a good weekend and if you go fishing this weekend, tight lines.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Obama, to thin, over earnest, something not quite right about the man, hell I know what it is, he is black. It is not a racist thing it is a cultural thing, a lack of connection, plus he does seem almost human rather than a manufactured item called a politician. That can be very disconcerting a bit of a round peg in a square hole, thing is if you give the peg a tap with a mallet (vote maybe) it can quite often fit very well.

Palin makes me feel very uncomfortable, not a woman thing, hell we've been down the Maggie route. Abuse of power they say, now that in my book is not a very good start for someone who could end up in the hot seat or come to that the warm seat.

Mcain, well Mcain is just old, older than me and I would not trust me looking after anything quite as important, memory fades, issues begin to look larger than they are, every thing is some what rusty, people keep repeating themselves when they are addressing you that is a sign of mistrust.

I think I would try and put this cultural issue behind me and give him a spin, he cannot be any worse than those who have gone before him.

I mean if dear old Gordon has buggered up our economy what the hell has Bush done to the USA one? Black hole or what !!!!

That's an excellent post Ken. With me though this Obama thing is not cultural or colour, but I just can't put my finger on what it is. He looks 'false'.

Palin is just plain weird, how long would a prospective deputy prime minister in the uk last if they had been blessed against witchcraft in church?

The Sun would have a field day.

I think especially in the USA that all politicians are running scared of saying or doing something wrong with the media hanging on their last breath of air every day. Scared to fart or even cough in case someone screams "Incontinent" or "TB Carrier" must be a hell of a life.

Old Clinton had some balls though, give the man his due he was one of the greats when it came to surviving the media, I bet old Newt even has a bit of sneaky admiration for the guy. :lol:

Despite all the fame and fortune that goes with the job I would be more than happy to give it a pass, I like my private time and liberty to much.

eat.gif

Petals Florist