Stuff McCain, a pox on Obama

corydoras

I bet old Newt even has a bit of sneaky admiration for the guy. :lol:
Ya sure you don't mean jealousy Ken ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too must agree with that, Cory. I suspect there is a hidden agenda that has much to do with blacks and possibly muslims. Unlike his rival, Obama has a shadowy past and I can't help but wonder where all the money came from that enabled him to go the the best schools in this country and rise so quickly up the political ladder, not to mention ownership of a mansion in Chicago. Looks like he's going to be elected. Then the mask may come off.

Hey, what's Dolly Parton doing on that video with Tammy Wynette singing? Never mind. I know why. :D

After all this discussion I don't really know who gets my vote...........

WHAT........

What.........

what............

What am I hearing, we don't get a vote on this.......... :rolleyes:

Well what a waste of oxygen. :P

I think, for what it's worth, that I would vote for JanV to be POTUS.

At least that way we would know that POTUS would get her arse kicked by FLOTUS when things went wrong. :P

BUT that would mean Newt 'gets the op'..........

Blimey I have to reconsider, I can understand Newt's rhetoric.

But if as said would POTHUS and FLOTUS be confusing!

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Blimey I have to reconsider, I can understand Newt's rhetoric.

But if as said would POTHUS and FLOTUS be confusing!

What's wrong with having a hypothetical vote? I pay the same attention to any presidential election in any of the larger nations. I knew EXACTLY who I would have voted for at the last French presidential election.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

couldn't pay me enough to take the job, mate. newt and i prefer our simple life and intend to keep it that way. now anyone who could guarantee back the 30% I've lost (and dropping) from my 401K, they would have my vote in a heartbeat.

we are going to early vote one day next week (beat the crowds, hopefully) and I think Newt has made it fairly clear who we trust the least....

Edited by Jan V

couldn't pay me enough to take the job, mate. newt and i prefer our simple life and intend to keep it that way. now anyone who could guarantee back the 30% I've lost (and dropping) from my 401K, they would have my vote in a heartbeat.

we are going to early vote one day next week (beat the crowds, hopefully) and I think Newt has made it fairly clear who we trust the least....

How many days do you get to vote over? I know that some folks in Colorado have already voted by post.

How many days do you get to vote over? I know that some folks in Colorado have already voted by post.
401K is your pension fund with deferred income tax? Am I right?

The main voting day (and until its over they don't start counting any of the the votes) is November 4.

Many States now offer time to vote earlier than that. Our local polling place opened Wednesday and will be available for those wanting to vote early until the end of October with Saturday available. Jan & I will go one morning next week.

People who will be away from home can register to vote via an absentee ballot and those can be mailed pretty much any time.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

401K is your pension fund with deferred income tax? Am I right?

Yes on the 401K. I promised Newt I wouldn't go online and see how mine was doing and have been sick ever since I did. I can't touch the money until I am 59 1/2 years old (and hadn't planned on touching it until after I am old enough to retire), anyway, so here's hoping the economy gets sorted out by then....

The main voting day (and until its over they don't start counting any of the the votes) is November 4.

Many States now offer time to vote earlier than that. Our local polling place opened Wednesday and will be available for those wanting to vote early until the end of October with Saturday available. Jan & I will go one morning next week.

People who will be away from home can register to vote via an absentee ballot and those can be mailed pretty much any time.

But once you have voted, your vote has been registered even although it has not been counted? Once you vote the junk mail stops?

Yes on the 401K. I promised Newt I wouldn't go online and see how mine was doing and have been sick ever since I did. I can't touch the money until I am 59 1/2 years old (and hadn't planned on touching it until after I am old enough to retire), anyway, so here's hoping the economy gets sorted out by then....
That's what I thought you meant. You don't pay any income tax 'on the way in' but you do 'on the way out' so you want the rate on income tax to be as low as possible when you take your 401K? I'm trying to understand what the issues are to 'real folks' and not just the blather we get on the tube.

That's what I thought you meant. You don't pay any income tax 'on the way in' but you do 'on the way out' so you want the rate on income tax to be as low as possible when you take your 401K? I'm trying to understand what the issues are to 'real folks' and not just the blather we get on the tube.

Yes, the amount in my 401K is pre-tax. When I withdraw monies from the account I then will pay taxes. However, the theory is that when one needs the funds, they are retired and the 401K (along with social security) are their sources of income. The total income is lower, since you're not working a full time job, so the tax is a lesser percentage. Make sense?