More From The Whitby MP

glennk

Paul has asked me to post this up for him has he has not the time today. Its copy of his letter to our local MP Robert Goodwill and Mr Goodwill's response.

Sent: 20 December 2007 12:56

>To: GOODWILL, Robert

>Subject:

>

>

>Hi Robert,

>my name is paul kilpatrick chairman of the whitby charter skippers asssociation i noticed on the internet Robert that you spoke out in the parliament recently regarding the proposed sea angling license which would be an absolute disaster for angling in the uk i have spoken to my members and if possible have a meeting with you regarding just what the implecations would be to our buisnesses the charter fishing out of whitby could be wiped out overnight there is 18 boats in our assciation and we bring in the region of £2000000 into the local economy each year this licence is a crazy idea and there is nothing to gain by being in favour of this licence it would just be a tax on angling which cannot be justified unfortunatly defra have been consulting with what they call angling reps these so called reps only represent a minute percentage of anglers in the uk the word is now out over the internet people only now knowwhat could be thrown upon them there is a massive backlash in opposition regarding this licence the majority just dont want it people are just classsing it as a tax in porugal there was an over 60% drop in tackle sales due to an introdution of sea angling licence last year if that was the case in the uk milloins of pounds would be lost in VAT alone the whole idea of a licence would be counter productive in all aspects it just a bad idea and i can guarante we would be out of buisness overnight m,any of my customers alone have said no to and angling licence and have said they would not pay for one but who can blame them the guy who has just perchased whitby angling supplies is horrified at the thought what the implecations would be with the introduction of a licence .

>

>The lady i spoke to on the phone when i phoned your office said a friday would be the best day for a meeting with you as you are down in westminster through the week any friday in january would be ok but sooner the better as there in not long with replying to Defra regarding this licence your support would be extremly appeciated in what could be a disaster for the whitby charter fleet,tackle shops,and angling in general.

>regards

>

>paul kilpatrick (chairman wcsa )

> Date: 20/12/2007 22:57

> To: paul.kilpatrick@virgin.net

> Cc: "GOODWILL, Robert"

> Subj: RE:

>

>

Thanks Paul

I have asked the girls to fix something up.

Maybe I could go out on a trip sometime to raise the profile of the issue.

Robert

Paul has asked me to post this up for him has he has not the time today. Its copy of his letter to our local MP Robert Goodwill and Mr Goodwill's response.

Don't matter if the reps have thirty or thirty thousand on their books at the moment, it is irrelevant as every single person in britain now has the chance through the consultation to say whatever they like if they support it or not. Don't see the point in keep blaming the reps for current situation. Even after the consultation will the reps still be blamed whatever the outcome. Down to each and every person. Let your fingers do the talking. There might be more support for it than not, who knows.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Don't matter if the reps have thirty or thirty thousand on their books at the moment, it is irrelevant as every single person in britain now has the chance through the consultation to say whatever they like if they support it or not. Don't see the point in keep blaming the reps for current situation. Even after the consultation will the reps still be blamed whatever the outcome. Down to each and every person. Let your fingers do the talking. There might be more support for it than not, who knows.

At the end of the day people will always have their own agendas, nobody is that squeaky clean not to have one. Those who accuse the RSA reps of having their own personal agendas and standing to gain both politically and financially, have similar personal agendas themselves which may be financial, egotistical or politically motivated. Its just a damned site easier to throw mud from behind a high wall and hope something sticks. Fishing has always been about egos for many, the higher one aspires, the bigger the ego.

You can bet that the RSA reps will take the brunt of whatever the outcome is, because some personalities have made it there lives work toi make sure that is the case, irrespective of wether its warranted or knot.