Political correctness gone mad!

Snatcher

Came in from the boozer with my good lady,opened a bottle of medicinal red and settled down to a music channel on sky.

We elected for the top 40 Xmas No 1s. My favourite tune nearly made it to the top,the Pogues and Kirsty McCall,Fairytale from New York.

Was singing along cos I know all the words and you will never guess what word they dubbed out???

FAGGOT :angry:

The world is too full of misguided do gooders :thumbdown::boxing:

Bah humbug. What do you lot think of all this tripe ? We have lost golliwogs from jam jars,cannot call a blackboard a blackboard - even though its black.

And here was me thinking I lived in a democracy - I think not when we get dictated to by stupid *********.

Oh I do feel better for that :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

unfortunately its ongoing everywhere ,suptle things deleted and in one case a completely different accent putting in different words to the original in a film (cant remember which one i turned it off in disgust) what was fine a decade or more ago is now taboo ,films that didnt stir a leaf are now to hot to show so scenes are cut out ,it wont be long before the propaganda wins and its written in books that the french fought in ww2 and the germans were on our side trying to stop the russian tide :angry:

i expect plenty of people believe the enigma machine was found by the americans purely because its in film ,they seem to believe some toe rag in steerage class managed to get into first class and knobbed some high society tart in that appalling film titanic.

"they" have no problem putting out lies for entertainment but happily restrict the truth or original contents 'cause it may upset "someone" but no problems upsetting me because they make history to their liking.

censorship is no more than rewriting history and anything that happened in the past any word or phrase said in the past should be left as it is as it reflects the past and its outlook on life thus part of history.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The BBC had censored the same word. It's been in the news all week :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

No the Beeb backed down on this in the face of huge crticism, look at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7150693.stm

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

the best one that i have seen is in the childrens book jack and the beanstalk. they had changed "fee thy tho thumb i smell the blood of an englishman, into " i smell the blood of a real live person"!!! :rolleyes:

Fishing, the only rule is that there is no rule!

Came in from the boozer with my good lady,opened a bottle of medicinal red and settled down to a music channel on sky.

We elected for the top 40 Xmas No 1s. My favourite tune nearly made it to the top,the Pogues and Kirsty McCall,Fairytale from New York.

Was singing along cos I know all the words and you will never guess what word they dubbed out???

FAGGOT :angry:

The world is too full of misguided do gooders :thumbdown::boxing:

Bah humbug. What do you lot think of all this tripe ? We have lost golliwogs from jam jars,cannot call a blackboard a blackboard - even though its black.

And here was me thinking I lived in a democracy - I think not when we get dictated to by stupid *********.

Oh I do feel better for that :)

Its a great song and not even the BBC could not ban the lyrics, so dont really know why SKY should edit the word faggot, especially as its an American expression.

As far as the rest of your post dont really see what your gripe is unless your day is filled with black boards golliwogs and faggots.

Get back down the pub mate, you will soon fill better :drunk:

i expect plenty of people believe the enigma machine was found by the americans purely because its in film ,they seem to believe some toe rag in steerage class managed to get into first class and knobbed some high society tart in that appalling film titanic.

Chesters... Thanks for that you always make me laugh!

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Its a great song and not even the BBC could not ban the lyrics, so dont really know why SKY should edit the word faggot, especially as its an American expression.

As far as the rest of your post dont really see what your gripe is unless your day is filled with black boards golliwogs and faggots.

Get back down the pub mate, you will soon fill better :drunk:

Back down the pub,ah,have I got too :rolleyes: would never have thought of that all by myself

Catch yas all later,being forced to go to the pub :sun: Lifes a faggot,OOPS sorry I mean bitch :drunk:

Have a good Xmas everyone,its nearly Santa time. Oh god best not forget to leave I large drink out for Santa for when I come back from the pub. Will also leave out some Pringles and a hot salsa dip for the reindeers :crazy::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy