We've got to get back to eating food like this for the benefit of the planet

Anderoo

'Jimmie believes he would earn much more if he used his ponds for angling or to rear ornamental fish. "It seems ridiculous that we put less value on fish reared for food than fish reared for sport. It shows the mess we've got ourselves in."'

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/food/s...2236481,00.html

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have put and take trout fisheries, which don't seem to attract too much adverse comment. What's the difference with carp? If they can be raised and used as a sustainable food source, I don't see a problem.

Janet

(....who has now left the building by the rear entrance, wearing full flak gear and ducking for cover!)

Not much wounder it went out of fashion if it needs soaking for two days and cooking with lemon zest, herbs and seasonings to stop it tasting like cooked mud. But you can all have my blessing if you want to eat as many as you like. :rolleyes:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

just out of interest, alive or dead?

I can only guess it means dead as transferring a fish from one type of water to another is not always that healthy for the fish and can cause them to go belly up.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

No problem for me here, if someone wants to rear fish for the table. It may help to calm some of the antis when fish are regarded as just another scouce of food.

I was a bit puzzled about the "organic" feeding...a mealworm tank in the kitchen wont feed and sustain many carp :)

Perhaps if an Otter or two wipe his stock out..................................

Could have serious repercussions :) :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Theres an asian supermarket near me thats got a freezer full of wierd and wonderful fish including carp, some of them are big ones too .I think its good that carp are available to buy to eat ,I have often thought about giving it a try now that its in the shops.