Headlamps

Scotty T

Having recently bought an LED headlamp I was wondering what the general consensus was on these headlamps??? I am not overly impressed with mine, admitably it wasn't the most expensive, but the range is crap and is only really suitable for close work. I had a halogen headlamp before and am now looking to replace it with something similar again, maybe a Petzl. Would not go down the LED route again. :(

What do you good people think???

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried cutting costs too and ended up with some kit thats ok to read the paper buy and possibly baaiting up wiyh but 'nowt like the petzl i got on ebay

Scotty get shallower pockets ( turn your trousers inside out and staple/sew pockets smaller)

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Guest jay_con

Samalite and tiga are to bright. Youll see where your going ok, but the fish will see you too and swim 10 miles to sea in no time.

MFA offer a headlamp with a halogen and an led. I use the halogen to get to the venue and then the led whilst fishing there.

Spot on winter,

Although i do not have the MFA now(now a petzl nightsearcher Some cn*nt stole the MFA!) Ide much prefer the MFAs for those 2 reasons above, Main beam is superb, But the LED is every bit as handy an if all else fails that LED will get you off the rocks! wassit 60-70 80 quid topps aswell, Superb

Tight Lines

Shaun

Guest jay_con

When fishing I feel almost 100 percent certian the fish dont know im there. Confidence is everything.

Someone did tell me last night however that some fish can feel your heartbeat through the line if you hold the rod. The guy said i would be ok as I was heartless.