Blackwall tunnel

barry luxton

Anyone know why the powers to be closed the tidal, third lane of the tunnel going in to london in the mornings?

Had to sit in ten miles of non-moving traffic this morning, what with the ferry not working and the darford crossing at a standstill.

Don't know if it was the highways agency, tfl, or some health and safty issue that got it closed, or mr livingstone on his own with his normal beef against the motorist.

It's a nightmare. :angry::angry::angry:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Anyone know why the powers to be closed the tidal, third lane of the tunnel going in to london in the mornings?

Had to sit in ten miles of non-moving traffic this morning, what with the ferry not working and the darford crossing at a standstill.

Don't know if it was the highways agency, tfl, or some health and safty issue that got it closed, or mr livingstone on his own with his normal beef against the motorist.

It's a nightmare. :angry::angry::angry:

No fatal accidents, the odd minor accident and the occasional idiot, and Herr Livingstone and the Poliztfuhrer decide to feck up the lives of thousands of motorists. God I'm glad I live in Surrey...............oh wait, my job takes me to London a lot of the time! Arse!

By Adolf Livingstones reckoning the fact that the lane is an accident waiting to happen means it has to be closed, so there goes the M25 and most of the roads in and around London! T*ss*r!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

just wondering why my hour and a half, 20 mile journey is now taking two and a half hours, thanks Ken mate if it was you. And as the drivers of this country underspend by multi millions each and every year, why there isn't another crossing being built now before the lane being closed became permanent. And seeing that all this loverly congestion charging money needs to be spent wisely, can't some of this be put to use in doing away with the costly, stagnent traffic jams that someone is creating. :angry::angry::angry:

And the worst bit of traffic jams on the dartford crossing is the que's before you have to pay your money, this is after the second crossing that was bought and paid for (tolls), with the promise of the gov to hand it back to the local council to do what it wanted to, i.e. spend the revenue on the local roads. Na, they renaged on that and put the fees up for good measure to help ease the congestion. It's worse than ever.

I agree with you Colin, toss@rs.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

If your on the road after seven baz its easier to head for the City and use the bridges Its eight quid well spent, espeacialy if your pumping the clutch for two hours in the tunnel you break even on the deisel.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

If your on the road after seven baz its easier to head for the City and use the bridges Its eight quid well spent, espeacialy if your pumping the clutch for two hours in the tunnel you break even on the deisel.

Blimey i never give that a thought. For years i used to leave my place at six in the morning to beat the traffic, then everyone and tom cobbly decided to do the same. :angry: So as you say a few more miles up to tower bridge and back a couple of miles, sorted. Thanks Chris. I will give it a go and let livingstone have a few more quid to waste on his jaunts. :)

ps. i hope boris wins.

Edited by barry luxton

You have to hand it to our'Ken.

When the congestion charging came in they switched the phasing of the traffic light s back to 'flow' and the next thing you see our wonderful 'cheeky chappie' spouting on about what a wonderful difference it's made. He failed to mention that in the previous months the phasing had be adjusted over time to slow traffic through major flow routes.

There's also the London low emission zone coming in, nightmare for many companies, bags of paperwork and huge expense.

The man for the people, the problem is . . your col**r, you have a car, you work, you pay tax's . . your a target.

Andrew Boyd

You have to hand it to our'Ken.

When the congestion charging came in they switched the phasing of the traffic light s back to 'flow' and the next thing you see our wonderful 'cheeky chappie' spouting on about what a wonderful difference it's made. He failed to mention that in the previous months the phasing had be adjusted over time to slow traffic through major flow routes.

There's also the London low emission zone coming in, nightmare for many companies, bags of paperwork and huge expense.

The man for the people, the problem is . . your col**r, you have a car, you work, you pay tax's . . your a target.

Yup, my guvnor is loving it, what with the price of diesel he's also had to spend in the region of 500 grand on 4 coaches that will be LEZ compatible. Oh and yeah the whole fleet is 5 so 4/5ths had to be replaced.

My view is this. A bit off the original post but relevant to London I reckon. 50 years ago we drove around in cars that had crappy exhaust systems,carbs that had to be adjusted every other day and 4-5 star petrol. Nowadays nearly all cars have catalyst converters, ECUs that control the fuel systems and we have lead free fuel. Most companies are developing hybrid vehicles so it seems that in maybe another 50 years time we will all be driving something that puts next to nothing into the atmosphere. So all I say to Ken and the like is be patient, it will happen maybe not in our lifetime but it will happen. In the meantime FFS give the people of today a chance to trade and compete to at least leave some kind of legacy for our descendants.

Back to the tunnel...........what kind of difference must there be to emissions with all these vehicles now virtually stationary as opposed to flowing when the third lane was in use. Livingstone..........I say it again, To**er!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Thought so, listening to Nick Farrari who was interviewing Boris Johnson this morning, while i was queing, someone rung in and questioned Boris regarding the third lane. Immeadiatly he replyed that he would reopen it if he won the election. It was closed by Livingstone on advise from the police who had unfounded evidence that someone may have been overtaking from the third lane.

First of all, that would quite rightly be a very serious offence and there are laws in place for crossing a solid white line. However the bast@d Livingstone could have quite easily have delt with it differently as opposed to causing enormous greif for thousands of motorists daily with the five or six mile que still there long after the rush hour has ceased. I would imagine that this traffic que more than cancells out his new money making scam regarding 'smoky vehicals'.

I have also heard that money was the reason for the closure, but have no further info.

No doubt red Ken will not recind this closure as the thousands of motorists he is causing grief to are from outside london and will not be voting in the may election.