eBay changes

Newt

The ebay UK chat & help boards are on fire today after eBay announced some rather significant changes in feedback and fees.

Oddly enough, it seems to me that most of the loud screams of rage and pain are from sellers who will now need to make changes so they are listing and selling more honestly.

This Discussion is informative and as of now, pretty civil. Many others are not.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hhhmmm

2. Sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. This change will occur in May, 2008

so if matey bounces a cheque and refuses to get in touch you cant punish them?

mind you my only neg is from a seller

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

They pay a fee to their bank for bouncing the cheque.

In the States they either make the amount of the check good or you can have them arrested. Different in the UK from what I read and I don't take UK cheques partly for this reason.

You win a dispute for non-paying bidder which gives them a strike against their account and as a non-payer they can't leave you any nasty comments.

You put them on your blocked bidder list so they can never trouble you again and get on with selling which is the main idea anyway.

The occasional neg didn't really hurt a buyer anyway so the badduns ignored them but the gooduns got so upset they left eBay. Bad for sellers.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The BBC have now picked up on this. they're always nicking their news from AN :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7228460.stm

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

from chesters1 more like :lol:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

'bout bloody time but it surely would of been better to just make sellers have to leave feedback first immediately after they have recieved payment.

When I used to sell in volume, I used to leave feedback immediately after payment. Not only did it seem fair, but it was also a way for me to track my completed sales.

The only time it used to come unstuck was when you got awkward gits who, despite knowingly paying for a signed for service, would not collect their parcels, have them returned and then expect you to re-send them, always at your own cost and often to a different address.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Ebay must be trying to sweeten up buyers to get them to come back, they just sent me an email giving me a free tenner(Paypal) to spend on anything i like on ebay.

All those complain emails i sent to them seem to have worked ;)

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

Ebay must be trying to sweeten up buyers to get them to come back, they just sent me an email giving me a free tenner(Paypal) to spend on anything i like on ebay.

All those complain emails i sent to them seem to have worked ;)

Paul.

Just make sure it's legit, and not a phishing email!!!

Just make sure it's legit, and not a phishing email!!!

It's legit, it came through the "my ebay" message system (plus another reminding me to pay me fees :rolleyes: ). It's just a voucher code to enter into paypal when you next buy something, so it's spent allready :D

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..