Ferry Runs Aground

Elton

Just saw this on the news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7221237.stm

Listing at 60 degrees + cargo shifted. Sounds like it's going to sink pretty soon.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just saw this on the news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7221237.stm

Listing at 60 degrees + cargo shifted. Sounds like it's going to sink pretty soon.

Looks like it is the latest attraction on North Blackpool Beach now, where it is reported to have gone aground.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Anybody know of a good job for a former ferry captain?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

That looks like a large vessel, but in the papers this morning it was reported as only having 15 passengers on board (all were taken off plus 4 crew members), giving the impression that it was quite a small boat.

It sounds as though they were taking a short cut across the sands and misjudged the wave heights. :(

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

That looks like a large vessel, but in the papers this morning it was reported as only having 15 passengers on board (all were taken off plus 4 crew members), giving the impression that it was quite a small boat.

It sounds as though they were taking a short cut across the sands and misjudged the wave heights. :(

On various new items I have seen differing details just typical of the media, BBC give a total of 23 passengers and crew.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Don't think it is all that small, i think the 15 passengers all had a wagon as hand luggage.

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Low passengers as it was full of lorries (big and Only 1 driver) and trailers they pick up the cab on the other side.

Reports state that it was hit by a freak wave out at sea that moved the cargo(the lorries) and broke the restraining chains, causing the list.

Bummer for the captain.#

Hats off to the rescue helicopters - just flying in those winds must have been hell, let alone hovering with a man on a winch and evacuating people.

Jeff

Big Jeff, not working again

It won't sink. The sea is very shallow round the North West so it will be sat on the bottom. The problem will be refloating it. (The tides get bigger over the next week which will work in their favour)

Edited by ColinW

Looks like the 'Poleaxed' ship that took on the Sheerness to Flushing run in the late 90's for about 6 months, run by a bunch of wazzoks.

Quite interesting going down on the big lift to the side - takes a truck & trailer into the bowels. Had me a free dinner too - they could'nt get the CC terminals to work.

Given the wicked forecast yesterday and the fact that near all other crossings were canceled would you have put to sea?

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.