Ultrabite- a challenge for you

Guest Alan Taylor

Alan

Sorry to stray a bit - but what if I had caught a load of Bass like that would Dan have changed his mind?

Dan

Geordie Dickinsons' boats were Artillery Man 1,2 and 3. My Dad went on the boat a few times in the 'Heyday' - an experience that I would have loved to have shared. If you listened and did what you were told you had an amazing day - if you didin't God help you. :D

Rob

Keeping an Open Mind!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by RobT:

[QB]Alan

Dan

Geordie Dickinsons' boats were Artillery Man 1,2 and 3. My Dad went on the boat a few times in the 'Heyday' - an experience that I would have loved to have shared. If you listened and did what you were told you had an amazing day - if you didin't God help you. :D

Rob,

I went out with him once with my Dad and our RBL club, once was enough. All being ex-service we did not appreciate being ordered around by and ex corpral(Hitler springs to mind) and when after a couple of hours good fishing we were told that there was a TWO fish limit per angler, all hell broke loose. He realy believed that we would pay good money to catch fish so that we could give them to him to sell on Plymouth fish market. In your dreams.

I was reading last year that he is just the same although no mention was made about different prices.

In the 30 odd years that our club was running he was never contacted again. There were lots of good skippers that treated us as paying customers and we enjoyed there instruction and company.

A word or three of advice, if you go out with him, make sure that you have the charges in writing, ie xx miles out keep all fish costs xxx

xx fish limit costs yyy etc. If you have any friends that take no s%$# and have a short fuse, leave them at home.

Tight lines

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I remembered Geordies boat was Artileryman (also a cat?) after I'd posted but I was so pinged off with my browswer/isp playing up that I went to bed! Using the works PC today, much better. Glad to see that Geordie still has the reputation he used to!

To keep to the thread no I still wouldnt use it even if you had caught 6 times 15lb bass, I can do that with a Toby anyday !!

Well I caught one once! and anyway knowing my luck all I'd catch is more doggies!

Which brings me on to my next point, I once minced up a bag of mackerel and slid it down the anchor line, yep the fishing got better but only with doggies and pouting, do I really want to go and catch them all day? ... nope.

Its all a matter of taste and choice but nowadays I'd rather target one species and enjoy the sucess when it comes off. I'll stick to my lures for the time being, and maybe live bait if my castnet technique gets better!!

Dan

[ 26 February 2002, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Dan ]

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Dan

I've never used UB in the sea - like you my summer fishing is almost entirley done with lures for bass.

The thing is we sponsor probably the best bass angler in Europe - Bertrand Gauje, and he'll be using it on his lures this summer - Oh! what to do?? :D

Rob

Dan

Don't know about 'Bait' fishing perhaps 'Bite' fishing would be more apt. We are developing an adhevsive absornt strip to place on the belly of the plug - not just for use with UB but other attractors / oils.

I have some hollow Jelly lures here that have a solution that is squirted inside - the priciple behind this is for finicky fish that hit lures and spit them back out - Amercian Bass anglers reckoned that when the fish hit the lure bit down on it then got a shot of the Amino stuff it would think was perfectly natural and not let go!!!

If you fancy joining us in the 22nd century :D we could do with as much feedback as possible.

Rob

RobT:

Dan

I have some hollow Jelly lures here that have a solution that is squirted inside - Rob

Hi Rob,

I posted (can't find it though) about moulds and the making of with exactly the same thing in mind.

I also wanted the hook to stand proud on the BACK of the lure and possibly another hook on the top of the tail. The idea is to be able to introduce an additive and stop keep hooking up as happens now with the hook being under the lure.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

RobT:

Dan

If you fancy joining us in the 22nd century :D we could do with as much feedback as possible.

Rob

Cheeky B-st-rd!! :D:D Actually I would be interested to see if it really worked but finding objective data will be hard, I think I said earlier in this thread that even when using identical tackle one side of a boat fishes better than the other or that one angler fishes better than the rest.

Lures seem to trigger an autonomic response in the fish, I've caught sand eels and small fry half the size of the toby I've been fishing with, theres no way they could have ever eaten a fish of that size. Would an attractant make a difference? who knows? it might even put them off!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

`Geordie` went back to charter work last year skippering for an `Owner`! Bet he doesn`t allow any additives, except in his mug.

Or any anglers that don`t work to form?

At least he knows his business.

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!