Retirement

Snatcher

bet you'll miss working the night shift :lol:

On nights this week Jan :o Well after this week will only have one week of nights left after that. Mind you will be doing my own shiftwork over on the Mull when I retire.

Will be getting up at "daftoclock" to go fishing/shooting/photography :) Bring it on :D

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bet you'll miss working the night shift :lol:

Jan I miscounted !! Only have 28 shifts left to work including tonights nightshift :D

Bring it on. I hope I am not making anyone jealous by the way :sun:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Jan I miscounted !! Only have 28 shifts left to work including tonights nightshift :D

Bring it on. I hope I am not making anyone jealous by the way :sun:

jealous, no. green with envy, YES :)

Good luck with that ! I have just survived the latest round of redundancies here (found out yesterday). If however I were 10 years older, I too would have leaped at the opportunity. With a bit of luck and some careful planning, my girlfriend and I should be financially sorted by then, and perhaps even mortgage less !

Rob.

Snatcher,

I bet you are glad to be getting off the treadmill; I am starting to think about what I will do when I retire and fancy going back north though I am leaning towards Corbridge and the Tyne valley as that is where my family come from.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Good on you Snatcher ..

Nice to hear that you have got your retirement life sorted out. :D I have known so many people over the years that are simply lost when they retire.

Mind you ... I have never been so busy since I retired. Not enough hours in the day to get it all in ! :lol:;)

Enjoy !! :rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Thanks Roy and Mr Wiggley. Tony U when you hoping to leave the "rat race" ??? If you do happen to enconse yourself in Corbridge you will be fairly well placed to come over and stay with us in the caravan for a weekend.

Fancy popping for some of these Tony? I caught it very close to the caravan park!

Firstbassof2007.jpg

Tope off the shore is another possibility

Topeon1.jpg

The local pollack aint too bad either

Bigpollack3.jpg

Even the wife can catch fish there !!!

Dotwrasse.jpg

The main thing Tony is that the pub on the site is only yards away,and it does really good food

Corner1.jpg

Hope you can make it over some day :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Sorry Snatcher only JUSt happened along this thread! BUT nonethless let me add MY own HEARTY congratulations!!

So what sort of FRENCH retirement property are you after?? I have a (at present) one bed cottage which requires decorating and the kitchen installed, but will convert to a three bed for €32k to an 8 bed Chateau which is TIP top condition with a couple or three acres of land and a lake for €2.2Million??? JUST LET US KNOW BONNY LAD!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Sorry Snatcher only JUSt happened along this thread! BUT nonethless let me add MY own HEARTY congratulations!!

So what sort of FRENCH retirement property are you after?? I have a (at present) one bed cottage which requires decorating and the kitchen installed, but will convert to a three bed for €32k to an 8 bed Chateau which is TIP top condition with a couple or three acres of land and a lake for €2.2Million??? JUST LET US KNOW BONNY LAD!!!

Thanks for the congrats Chris and the property offer. Have to say no to the property offer mate,not interested. Just intend spending my retirement summers over in my new static caravan in Drummore,Mull of Galloway "Gods Country" Fishing,shooting,photography,walking,drinking a plenty :)

The winters just go out to Oz to visitour daugher Amanda.

Sounds like a plan to me Chris :rolleyes: Mind you may come over to the land of snail eaters for a visit and a bit fish with you :sun:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Gday Snatcher, i've just caught up with this. i hope you enjoy your retirement as much as i enjoy mine. sometimes not enough hours in the day.

Goodluck mate.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/