Crucian Carp

carphead100

Will do going fishing tomorrow at my local lake where there are a few crucian carp in the lake.

Will add to this tag after my day tomorrow. Lets hope I catch a nice little crucian using the help above!!

Dan.

have fun!!!!

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)

Good luck Dan, hope you get one :) They're most often caught in warm weather though, so don't be too disappointed if you don't.

They are very finicky feeders, so use the lightest, most delicate float you can (pole floats are good), and light line and small hook. Fish just on the bottom near weed if you can. They do come close in to the margins, so don't bother fishing at range.

Caster, maggot, bread or sweetcorn are good baits - best of luck!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Good luck Dan, hope you get one :) They're most often caught in warm weather though, so don't be too disappointed if you don't.

They are very finicky feeders, so use the lightest, most delicate float you can (pole floats are good), and light line and small hook. Fish just on the bottom near weed if you can. They do come close in to the margins, so don't bother fishing at range.

Caster, maggot, bread or sweetcorn are good baits - best of luck!

Thanks very much Martin.

And thanks Anderoo for the essential info. I was planning on using sweetcorn and bread as instructed above and also my mate was planning on taking maggots so hopefully he wont mind letting me have a couple. Yer I wont get too disappointed if I don't catch but you never know in fishing and hopefully I can pull one out of the bag!!!!! And if I don't catch I'll always try again in the warmer months of the year.

Many thanks,

Dan.

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.

I did really well on 4mm S-Pellets at Marsh Farm back in the summer - fished lift method in the margins (we're talking less than 18 inches from the bank!). Other than that all my biggest Crucians have come on bread or tiny bits of Trigga flavoured meat (Bacon Grill). Bread is about the only thing that works consistently at Summer Pit.

C.

(Still think its all wrong to be talking of Crucian fishing in Feb - mutter mutter.... :rolleyes: )

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

(Still think its all wrong to be talking of Crucian fishing in Feb - mutter mutter.... :rolleyes: )

have u been on ur trip yet??

how did u get on??

martin

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)

have u been on ur trip yet??how did u get on??martin

Hi chaps,

I went on my trip yesterday......it didn't work out as I would have liked. I failed to catch any crucians. I tried all the things you guys suggested but not even a bite. Just to let you know that this lake is fishing really bad/hard at the moment. So after a while I changed my plan of attack and decided to target the silvers; roach, ruud, dace....etc..... . So in the end I ended catching 10+ of these silvers.

I'll try again in the hotter months and hopefully will catch then.........hoping.

Dan.

Edited by carphead100

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.

they are extremely finicky at the best of times so balanced tackle is a must 18's to 1lb line and the smallest float well shotted down should get interest in the winter ,in the summer you can go heavier to take into consideration the higher amount of tench about.

chap breaking ice caught 20 cruc on fine tackle just yesterday

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson