Saturday 23rd Gorleston-on-Sea, Pier/Wall

John E Ashford

Fish, Fish and more fish, yes not a chance of blanking.

Setting our rods up at six in the morning, still dark, the anticipation was high. Armed with numerous sorts of baits the offerings surely would help land that prize catch.

Our group had placed themselves at different positions around the Gorleston Pier. Some choose to fish the riverside while the rest were to try the sea.

It weren’t long before the baited rigs were heading into the water. While darkness still prevailed the offerings, normally associated with night fishing, soon responded with rods knocking n rattling. The fish were there and were coming ashore, this was the start of a good days fishing.

Codling, Codling coming from the riverside first, then the lads were heard on the seaside, “Fish On”. The size was not a problem, up to and around the 12", this would be the norm for most of the day and all the fish we returned.

The weather was bracing, overcast, with the wind coming from the South West, and temperatures up to 13°. It was perfect if you were on a leeward side or protected from the wind with your umbrella.

Early morning my brother set up the stoves, at the sheltered side of the coastguard lookout station. Soon the lads were tucking into Hot Dogs n Fried Onions with a choice of Brown, Red Sauce and Mustard. These were received well plus the chance for all to tell their tales of past fishing adventures. This scene would be repeated again around lunchtime.

Species caught, Codling (best 3lb), Whiting, Pouting, Dabs and Rockling.

Bait used, Lugworm, Ragworm, Mackerel, Squid, Mussel, Shrimps and possibly some secret baits/additive these fishermen would try.

The best results were Lugworm, bought from the local Tackle shop, lessons to be learnt, but as we know a different day and the wining bait could be one of the others.

One of our lads, Paul managed four species, Codling, Whiting, Pouting and Dab, these were caught on the seaside. Steve however managed to land the prise fish, a 3lb Codling. For those wishing to give Gorleston Pier a go, that fish was caught on the riverside.

Well at the end of the day, around 5ish, we were to clear up out patch, reload the cars and head for home. A 6 hour round trip was well worth it with all dozen of us being multiple catchers on a memorable day at Gorleston Pier. B)

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Blimey, John. You caught something!!!! :D

Nice one. Any photos?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Blimey, John. You caught something!!!! :D

Nice one. Any photos?

Elton, any daft TWIT can catch fish, but I had to show the young guns how easy it is.

My skill as a King Blanker has taking many years to achive, and normaly as all (Twits) are catching, I'm well ahead Blanking. :D

I was too busy landing fish, no time for photos. :huh:

I know I moan when there's no piccies, and I'm fully guilty this time, the camera was always at the ready for that special fish though.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Fish, Fish and more fish, yes not a chance of blanking.

Setting our rods up at six in the morning, still dark, the anticipation was high. Armed with numerous sorts of baits the offerings surely would help land that prize catch.

Our group had placed themselves at different positions around the Gorleston Pier. Some choose to fish the riverside while the rest were to try the sea.

It weren’t long before the baited rigs were heading into the water. While darkness still prevailed the offerings, normally associated with night fishing, soon responded with rods knocking n rattling. The fish were there and were coming ashore, this was the start of a good days fishing.

Codling, Codling coming from the riverside first, then the lads were heard on the seaside, “Fish On”. The size was not a problem, up to and around the 12", this would be the norm for most of the day and all the fish we returned.

The weather was bracing, overcast, with the wind coming from the South West, and temperatures up to 13°. It was perfect if you were on a leeward side or protected from the wind with your umbrella.

Early morning my brother set up the stoves, at the sheltered side of the coastguard lookout station. Soon the lads were tucking into Hot Dogs n Fried Onions with a choice of Brown, Red Sauce and Mustard. These were received well plus the chance for all to tell their tales of past fishing adventures. This scene would be repeated again around lunchtime.

Species caught, Codling (best 3lb), Whiting, Pouting, Dabs and Rockling.

Bait used, Lugworm, Ragworm, Mackerel, Squid, Mussel, Shrimps and possibly some secret baits/additive these fishermen would try.

The best results were Lugworm, bought from the local Tackle shop, lessons to be learnt, but as we know a different day and the wining bait could be one of the others.

One of our lads, Paul managed four species, Codling, Whiting, Pouting and Dab, these were caught on the seaside. Steve however managed to land the prise fish, a 3lb Codling. For those wishing to give Gorleston Pier a go, that fish was caught on the riverside.

Well at the end of the day, around 5ish, we were to clear up out patch, reload the cars and head for home. A 6 hour round trip was well worth it with all dozen of us being multiple catchers on a memorable day at Gorleston Pier. B)

Nice one John and a good read mate. :clap::clap:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

excellent report, as i am unable to fish at the moment my imagination is in overdrive .

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Good report John, glad you all had a good day's fishing. :thumbs:

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Yes a good report John. Nice to hear of fish being caught!!! Hopefully you should be getting some catch reports from me shortly.

Just 24 shifts to go before I ride off into the sunset. :clap2: From mid May until the end of September plan to spend most of our time over in our caravan in Drummore. I imagine I should be fishing most days so keep yoor eyes peeled for reports/photos :rolleyes:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy