Is this the oddest rule ever?

mjbarnes12

I had a walk round a local beauty spot today and had a read of a free fishing lakes rules, one of their rules was no casting over 6m!! quite an odd one do you agree??

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

Not really, there could be underwater snags or anything which could put the fish at harm if you cast any further than 6m

its a new rule just been put into place, the lake was drained and reconstructed for the use of a mill in the 1890s so i am unsure as to why, many anglers used to leger with no problems!!

I had a walk round a local beauty spot today and had a read of a free fishing lakes rules, one of their rules was no casting over 6m!! quite an odd one do you agree??

So what about a 12m pole is that allowed ? we saw one that said no photos allowed of fish ????

www.topfishingtackle.co.uk

Live The Dream

So what about a 12m pole is that allowed ? we saw one that said no photos allowed of fish ????

That is what I thought?? would a pole be allowed over 6m?!?!? yeah at woodland view worcestershire they do not allow photographing of fish, i believe its to minimise contact with fish and stop people dropping them!!

Is the lake stocked with any carp if so maybe the rule is to stop carpers fishing one bank from the other .One club I used to belong to had this rule for that reason

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

Is the lake stocked with any carp if so maybe the rule is to stop carpers fishing one bank from the other .One club I used to belong to had this rule for that reason

it does contain carp, not any notable size i believe, the banks are around 150m appart!!

Is it used by a sailing club? Sometimes the weekend admirals can get a bit shirty about people having the cheek to share "their" water with them.