Attention all saltwater fluff chuckers!

Snatcher

As most of you will already know Sir Ian Burrett(it is only a matter of time mate - will put in a good word for you) is gonna have a bash this summer at tope on traditional fly gear in the Luce Bay area. I have got the job of knocking up a few "flies" for him to try.

Will have a bash later on today when I sober up a bit!

The hooks are 6/0 O'Shaughnessys. Will do one mackerel,one launce and one "gaylord". Any good ideas from you fellow tyers will go into the construction.

I am not sure about Ians tactics on the day but I believe quite often a hooked tope will be followed to the surface by its partner. I think this is the window of oppertunity that Ian is looking at.So will not need to incorporate any lead into the construction. Come on chaps a team effort is required on this one.

Will post up a picture of the "flies" later on so you can all have a good chuckle. Its ok I am very thick skinned!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

You should do fine with a T&T ten weight Jim. Those rods get heavily used and abused on the US East Coast surf for striped bass with very big flies.

Its also a popular rod size for pike and my 10 weight Redington gets regularly used with 4/0-5/0 circles which outweigh fine wire 6/0-8/0s by some considerable margin.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Like those lures MJB. Thanks for the input chaps. Tied one mackerel and one launce so far. Getting my sungalasses out for the next one!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Hi team just staggered in!!!!!!!!!!!

Done four lures earlier?

Need to epoxy 3 heads in the morning - there I go with my theory again!

Hopefully young Snatch will post upthe piccies in the morning!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Posted Image

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Well it looks like chaos but the mackerel is tied on marabou so it will go fishlike when wet.The "launce" works well with pollack but tope?

The "gayboy" is again maribou so will go really fishlike when wet.

As for the big eyed critter - who knows. Would like some feedback please cos Ian is going for a world record on this one.Any more ideas amongst you fellow tyers.They are all tied on a 6/0 cos this is what "Sir" Ian Burrett wants.

Come on lets try and get Ian his knighthood. For his conservation efforts alone he deserves one. Start with a letter to your MP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ 06. February 2005, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair