ABU GARCIA 7000i HSN,MULTIPLIER

I was flitting around on ebay and came across these ABU GARCIA 7000i HSN,MULTIPLIER

at a buy now price of £49.99p.

Is that the same one that has a RRP of ove £100 ???

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I was flitting around on ebay and came across these ABU GARCIA 7000i HSN,MULTIPLIER

at a buy now price of £49.99p.

Is that the same one that has a RRP of ove £100 ???

It looks like abu are now making reels for the masses by moving production to taiwan.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

It looks like abu are now making reels for the masses by moving production to taiwan.

I was looking for the same name including the HNS and did not locate it else where.

Does that mean we are getting more for less or less for less? :rolleyes::D

eat.gif

Petals Florist

I was looking for the same name including the HNS and did not locate it else where.

Does that mean we are getting more for less or less for less? :rolleyes::D

Not sure, i,ve been hammering and abusing the 9000 i got a year ago for thirty odd quid and i'm supprised that it ain't broke yet. So it could be more or less. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Abu slipped on quality about 10 year back. The 7500 ct had the potential to be the best ever shore fishing/light boat multiplier. Sadly they skimped making it with cheap highly corrodable sideplates, and a spool with a spindle that bends forcing the reel to lock up.

If you get a good one you got a decent reel, if like most people you got a bad one yo might as well place it straight in the bin.

It now appears all their reels are pitched at the cheep end of the market. Your money would be better spent on penn reels.

In my opinion that is :):rolleyes:

Edited by glennk

Abu slipped on quality about 10 year back. The 7500 ct had the potential to be the best ever shore fishing/light boat multiplier. Sadly they skimped making it with cheap highly corrodable sideplates, and a spool with a spindle that bends forcing the reel to lock up.

If you get a good one you got a decent reel, if like most people you got a bad one yo might as well place it straight in the bin.

It now appears all their reels are pitched at the cheep end of the market. Your money would be better spent on penn reels.

In my opinion that is :):rolleyes:

Hi Glennk,

I have two ABU 6500 ct mags one five years old the other one year old and both perform brilliantly, I have just purchased a ABU 6500 ct mag High Speed and judging it on a couple of trips would be optimistic but having said that the little improvements make it a different reel. Right from the onset it cast like a dream and feels good in all other aspects.

The thing about this ABU GARCIA 7000i HSN,MULTIPLIER I fail to understand is the fact that the recommended price is £110 ish, most on-line tackle shops and local shops are selling for £95 ish and here is this ebay seller pricing it at £49.99p including post and packaging, which by my calcs means selling reel for £45. One has to assume that the £45 includes some gross profit say £10 per reel leaving after minimal overheads £5 nett profit.

This means a wholesale purchase price of £35 which makes £95 ish look a bit greedy to me if indeed it is the same reel.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Be very wary of the £50 Abu 7000.

I have a couple of the old "red" 7000's and they are still going well after 20 odd years.

I bought one of the "black" £50 7000's three years ago and it is nowhere near as good quality, its started making "sounds", its not smooth and the side plates and chromed parts chip/mark easily.

Whether they are counterfeit, or a deliberately cheaper version I have no idea.

There was a rumour in the US that Abu made the "black" 7000's for WalMart, or one of the big sporting chainstores down to a price, so they could sell them on promotion.

For £50 there are better reels out there.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I have seen guys using the old 7000 on the boats come a cropper when hauling up reasonable fish. Once the spool bends the fish is lost.

Is the cheapo 7000i hsn metal spooled? As it is also a narrow spool i would imagine it would make a good braid reel, with little chance of spool bending, at no cost on ebay.

I have seen guys using the old 7000 on the boats come a cropper when hauling up reasonable fish. Once the spool bends the fish is lost.

Is the cheapo 7000i hsn metal spooled? As it is also a narrow spool i would imagine it would make a good braid reel, with little chance of spool bending, at no cost on ebay.

I know there is good and bad reels and wear and tear but have to add to that uncouth brute strength :rolleyes::lol:

I watch a chap last year hauling in a ton of weed by cranking the reel. The stress he was placing on the reel in every respect was well beyond it's design. I like him was in a similar situation but unlike him I walked quietly back holding the line, then walked back down taking up the slack. This was repeated until I beached the weed. On his next cast he had a crack off at a rough guess he had pulled the line between it's lower coils jambing it.

The other thing that amazes me is some of the line lbs used, I watched another chap a couple of years back using a fixed spool over rough ground loaded with 40lb line, he got snagged up pulled like hell and ping the bale arm gave way, the best bit was he chucked the rod down on a concrete surface and broke the large ring on the rod one of those screw in types. This was pure abuse.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Sorry Ken My mind is rock fishing only. I forget other places have clean ground.

Yes the abu do make exceptional beach reels and the 6500's are probably the best. Its when you get to the 7000 size and you want to fish the rocks you start to get the problems. Not many guys up here use abus now.