Carp Fishing In The USA

Elton

Looks like it may be heading mainstream....

http://www.fieldandstream.com/article_gall...p?ID=1000021371

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Looks like it may be heading mainstream....

http://www.fieldandstream.com/article_gall...p?ID=1000021371

There are a lot of mixed views , many very positive though.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Great article, I have not fished the in the US but have fished the St Lawrence and the Trent system in Canada and the fishing is amazing as are the fish. I am looking at doing a trip to the states next year hopefully, just not sure where to go at the moment.

Keep at it people.....

One of the highlights form this months IYCF was John Wilson fishing for Carp in Arkansas. huge expanses of water that we just dont see over here, filled with some incredible looking fish. All for free!

Mark - it will be time well spent if you get on the CAG (Carp Angler's Group) forum for a while. Their members are mostly from the States and will give you excellent ideas about where you might want to go for some fishing.

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Sounds like its not going down too well :huh:

It's a grueling job, getting it into the heads of American anglers that CARP ARE OK!! But we've had a number of successes. In our store, we bring a lot of "closet Carp fishermen" out into the open. These guys actually like Carp-fishing, but have been too embarassed all these years to admit it. They love it when they discover their local bait shop clerks won't give them strange looks if they mention Carp. So there's more hope here than it may appear! I think it won't be long before Carp gets to be a "big thing" here.

Great article, I have not fished the in the US but have fished the St Lawrence and the Trent system in Canada and the fishing is amazing as are the fish. I am looking at doing a trip to the states next year hopefully, just not sure where to go at the moment.

Keep at it people.....

Mark you could do a lot worse than contacting Hoppy and giving the Potomac River a go.Despite not setting the world alite when myself and Andrew fished it with Newt and hoppy last year we were wanting to return again this year.Getting a ticket at wingham this year has put that on hold but we will definately be going back soon as we can.

I don t know if you saw the posts from Hoppy about his carping in DC just prior to our trip in the Fall?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Have any of you seen the "Globetrotters DVD carp fishing USA" I really enjoyed it.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.