Closed season river backwaters?

JV44

Right then spoke to the fisheries officer today explained the scenario and he said he didnt know :wallbash: but would speak to his bailiffs and ring me back.

Well he left a message on my phone as i missed the call to say that it was not affected by the close season ie you can fish it and if i wanted any more info to call him back.

Did make me chuckle a bit that he had to ring someone else before giving me a answer :D .

Will ring him back tommorrow to see if the boundry is the mouth of the marina just out of interest, But to be fair they did ring me back as they said they would which is a rare event these days.

When i see the Carp bloke in question i will apolagise as i am not to big to admit when i am wrong but as i said the fisheries bloke even had to ring someone else to get an answer.

On a brighter note it means that i can have a play for said carp to Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes no sense at all does it!

Not a lot thought the fisheries guy was on a wind up when he said he didnt know,Get a bit fed up seeing people fishing the river out of season and i do report these sightings but the guy on the island did take the brunt of this and as i said will apolagise when i see him.

Just wonder if all the ea bailiffs are singing from the same hymn sheet Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

As I recall it varies from region to region and because of the wording it could be open to interpretation. Just because EA man A said it's OK doesn't mean EA bloke B will agree. And if you're really unlucky EA boss C could go either way and even decide to prosecute.

Rob.

Thats a very good point Rob.Despite the "National" licence the "regional" bye laws are still there! Maybe the EA really needs top spend some of our money on sorting these issues out once and for all? A lot of this confusion came in when the closed season laws were changed as it was pretty cut and dry then but now it really needs clarifying.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

It dosn't sound any different at all.

When it comes to things like this I always stick by my motto of 'if in doubt don't as it's more than likely you can't'.

JV44 if I were you I stick to fishing less grey areas. The Carp will still be there in a couple of months..

It dosn't sound any different at all.

When it comes to things like this I always stick by my motto of 'if in doubt don't as it's more than likely you can't'.

JV44 if I were you I stick to fishing less grey areas. The Carp will still be there in a couple of months..

Just when i thought i had it sussed,Take your piont about different bailiffs reading it a different way.

Just have to get the fly rod out instead then :D Steve.