sea trials

noah

Took my boat out today for the first time after owning it and spending stacks of money on it over the last few months. Launched at 10:30 from Appledore and instantly found the first problem, The out board wasn't getting full throtle, out with the tool box and job done. Just to be on the safe side took her up and down the estuary to check everything was in order. Satisfide with her it was time to try her out on the sea. what more of an excuse to try for mackeral do you need. The bonus fish was an unexpected Garfish.

Posted Image

Foul hooked a joey mackeral shortly after, and now knowing that touching mackeral kills them I quikly hooked it up to a running line and let it go. With in 2 minutes the poor little sod met its maker with a cracking take. unfortunatly i was making the coffee at the time and by the time i responed it was all to late. Will be going out again on wednesday to see if i can hit it next time.

not in the slightest bit jelous mate........f*$&@# ba*&$#@ :P

as i say enjoy and maybe one day i will too....

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

jason.p:

Didn't know that touching a mackerel kills it. Does anyone know why? :confused:

there's been many a post on this, touching it removes many small scales, damages the skin and leave the fish to die of infection. If you want to put them back shake them off the hook.

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Had a few minor problems to sort out after the first run. Worked like hell on her today and ready to again tomorrow. sea state looks good for a fast run over the Taw/torrige bar so more time for fishing.