Matchman hook tyer

chesters1

My 84 year old head bailiff has just been on the phone asking if i had the instructions for the above hook tyer .

I did have an electric one so had thrown mine away the day it arrived.

Now the electric one is long gone and for the life of me cannot remember how i used the matchman so does anyone have the instructions they can post here so i can print them out for him please.

Nothing on the web just videos but this old boy will need old fashioned drawings so he can study it ,cheers

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I have them Chesters but don't have a scanner at home so I'll scan them at work tomorrow and either PM them to you or post them up here.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Cheers ,hopefully the old chap lives that long LOL hes got some new posh wellies (the ones with the straps) hes a liability in them his feet have a course of their own!

A couple of days after getting them he said his feet were killing him ,he had them on the wrong fricking feet ,got to check the old boy thats hes dressed right now !

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

With hook clamped and the tyer business end pointing away from you and the metal prongs pointing upwards ( fully extended ) bring tag end up the left side of the prongs past both of them.

Go around the prong and down the right side towards the hook and then ovrr the top of the hook and hold the line on the left side of the hook begin to turn the tyer clockwise.

Once enough turns are on the hook shank finish off with the prongs pointing upwards trap the line on the shank and place the tag end under the hook of the prong (going from left of prong to the right) push that prongs down so the tag end is trapped under it.

Tighten up slightly by pulling on the main line then release the hook from the clamp and pull it out while the tag end is still trapped by the prongs it will pull the tag end through then you can tighten up more, check turns and trim.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

With hook clamped and the tyer business end pointing away from you and the metal prongs pointing upwards ( fully extended ) bring tag end up the left side of the prongs past both of them.

Go around the prong and down the right side towards the hook and then ovrr the top of the hook and hold the line on the left side of the hook begin to turn the tyer clockwise.

Once enough turns are on the hook shank finish off with the prongs pointing upwards trap the line on the shank and place the tag end under the hook of the prong (going from left of prong to the right) push that prongs down so the tag end is trapped under it.

Tighten up slightly by pulling on the main line then release the hook from the clamp and pull it out while the tag end is still trapped by the prongs it will pull the tag end through then you can tighten up more, check turns and trim.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

he said his feet were killing him ,he had them on the wrong fricking feet

LOL Dressing in the dark for an early-morning fishing trip, I once donned socks of identical material, but, as I discovered when daylight came, of two different and contrasting colours. Made no difference to my catch, nor did my fishing mates comment.

However, on my return home, a meddlesome female in-law immediately drew attention to my attire. I assured her the garb was a valuable aide memoire as to which of my feet was which. As I told her, "such knowledge is essential for complicated moves in the rugby scrum, for carrying out rifle drill, and for dancing the okey-cokey".

BTW There was a German officer in "The Longest Day" who put his boots on the wrong feet. In the film, Richard Burton (playing the role of a baled-out pilot) shot him.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Blimey shooting him was a rather severe punishment for putting your boots on wrong

Andy thanks but i have read the steps to him in person and on the phone he needs the drawings to get it in his head ,i suggested buying a new one (under £4 is hardly big money) but he said at his time of life he would hardly use it ?!?!?

Can't he buy hooks to nylon :D:D

Blimey hes still probably got dozens of boxes of mustads to use up before he croaks ,he probably still buys line in 25 yard spools