Test cricket...

Whitty

Why is it when we play a sport,we must have pundits from Englands opponents,our own seem to go along their drivvel,also a youngish Asian lady who played for England ladies is so obviously an Indian fan its untrue,I watch international sport and appreciate our opponents peeformances,but I sure as hell dont want them to win!!!

Was this Test Match Special Alan? Not a huge cricket fan but a great fan of TMS which I've often listened to for hours whilst fishing, perfect combo.

But it's the woke world we now live in, you cannot broadcast a show any more that doesn't have female presenters and you must have a mix of skin colour too. I've never considered myself chauvinistic but the majority of female commentators I find really annoying, the one exception being Emma Hayes whose knowledge of football is up their with all her male counterparts, little wonder the Chelsea Women's team are doing so well.

2 hours ago, Whitty said:

Why is it when we play a sport,we must have pundits from Englands opponents,our own seem to go along their drivvel,also a youngish Asian lady who played for England ladies is so obviously an Indian fan its untrue,I watch international sport and appreciate our opponents peeformances,but I sure as hell dont want them to win!!!

'Peeformances' ? So **** up walls is a sport now?

This new fad of Inclusivity means every colour and race and disability and gender and variant (black gays ,chinese gays ,black disabled ,asian disabled to cater for every combination of them) must be on every show or 'woke' person (generally one complaint is enough now) moans and gets it banned ,due to this phenomenon  the licence fee will go up ten fold to pay these unneeded  interuptions just for one show 🙄 ,theres talk of the government banning non-mixed-race families it according to 'experts' could mean children growing up in 'normal' (as in the majority) could be classed as abused and suffer bullying at school because they have equal coloured straight non disabled parents.I forsee good parents that look after their kids ,feed them well and dont beat them will be taken to court for child abuse ,we cant have differences any more ,there are no naughty kids anymore just kids with abbreviations or acronyms pretending they are sick and their useless parents blameless

I used to joke that at secondary school we had an indian teaching us English for a term ,the bugger couldnt pronounce half the words but there you go ,now ofcourse you will have a class of 30 teachers with one pupil being taught English because some prick will moan a teacher from outer mongolia isnt represented in this inclusive world idiots insist we must live in!

As for sports commentators how soon will it be when a wicket  being taken will be announced by lunatic over-enthusiastic screaming morons that goals are anounced on tv ,wheres the unbiased commentators today?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yep' & really getting fed up of seeing that 'J J Chalmers' on nearly every type of prog'. (Seems he's suddenly become an expert on every subject)

Yes, he's been through hell with his Injuries - but still!!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, Whitty said:

I've always watched test cricket and lately some of the white ball game but I'm not a fanatic and still don't know a lot of the rules. 

It really ticks me off when the old school automatically assumes everyone in the world must know test cricket inside out. The commentators can often go through a whole test match without explaining to newcomers what they're talking about with their "Fine leg or silly mid on or the follow on" etc etc ad infinitum. How are you going to attract the youngsters if you don't make it interesting.

For this reason I welcome Isa Guha. I'm amazed at her level of expertise and she'll even tell you this player lives in the next street to that player and a wealth of other info etc.

And it doesn't hurt that she's easy to look at either.

• Like 1

The trouble is,is that watching mens cricket there are plenty of good men players out there that understand the game,in all sports coverage today we see the providers of coverage are using said sports to tick the boxes of ethnicity and sexism,I preferred listening to ex top pros from around the world,it follows the beeb getting rid of Sue Barker and the guys from the Question of Sport,Dan Walker from Football Focus,ok change happens,but in many cases these latest alterations are to the detriment of coverage imo.As for your own(and my own in some things)lack of understanding the rules of cricket,maybe Mr.Google could help us both out,as the highlights programmes are not there to educate the public,time is needed to waffle about other garbage,lol...

I understand just about ALL the Horse racing Terminology, God knows I've paid enough over the years to learn!!.

I do however like the ITV Racing coverage, when they take a bit of time to explain some of the finer points to the newer punters!!

A' Don' Lak' Krikit  - Oh no. 🏏

Edited by Martin56

15 hours ago, Whitty said:

The trouble is,is that watching mens cricket there are plenty of good men players out there that understand the game,in all sports coverage today we see the providers of coverage are using said sports to tick the boxes of ethnicity and sexism,I preferred listening to ex top pros from around the world,it follows the beeb getting rid of Sue Barker and the guys from the Question of Sport,Dan Walker from Football Focus,ok change happens,but in many cases these latest alterations are to the detriment of coverage imo.As for your own(and my own in some things)lack of understanding the rules of cricket,maybe Mr.Google could help us both out,as the highlights programmes are not there to educate the public,time is needed to waffle about other garbage,lol...

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree! You can sit through a whole test match and the old school commentators won't increase your education one jot. It's almost as if they've got a secret they don't want to share. And I don't see anyone reaching for Google, apart from being a PITA what would you search for if you don't know???

I agree, some TV companies, especially in politics try to be PC and balance things out but how can you not welcome someone like Isa Guha who knows cricket inside out and is not afraid to share and make the sport more interesting? And let's not forget that cricket is much more of a cult sport in India than it is here

We're getting Knobbed at every sport we've Invented!!

Cricket, Football, Rugby, (League & Union).

We still play a mean game of Bingo though!!

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1