This should be on the TV not on YouTube

corydoras

9 hours ago, Ken L said:

Fiona Onasanya, Keith Vaz, Nazir Ahmed..

The list of dodgy MPs is long.

They should all be sacked, but you can't sack an MP because the usual dimwits will vote for them again.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

If being an MP is just a part time job then maybe they should get paid  a tenner an hour and have to keep time sheets like the rest of us poor mortals. I'd suggest performance related pay but then they would need to pay us.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

2 hours ago, corydoras said:

Cue the usual apologists supporting these trouser stains

IF, you are referring to me as an apologist then you are being a DICK I do not support or condone them.

Some seem to lack the simple ability to look past or in a different direction than the media wish them to look.

A serving MP, who is supposed to be (quote from the plebgate affair) “the elite of society and the most important people in the Country” gets a suspended prison service for threatening to throw acid in the face of another person and carries out a string of verbal threats and abuse and it barely gets a mention.

Cox earns what, 900k a year for legal work and the Country is supposed to be outraged. Is that because Starmer only got 50k!

Perhaps that’s because Cox is the better Lawyer FFS.

Get rid of the lot of them, that’s what I say. Or at the very least have some way of removing them when they cock up.

Goes back to the point I was making, Paterson has been found guilty of breaching the rules of conduct, there is no appeal. He has gone.

Webbe has been convicted by the legal system and yet she will remain in Parliament until her appeal (months) and then a recall petition (months) what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

Edited by Huge_Vitae
Emphasis

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

When I was working, I had to take a pack up lunch from home or pay at a sarnie shop.

Travel expenses!! They weren't any - They came out of my wage!!

I think that for £82,000 a year, MP's could at least stand their own Dinner Money!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

21 hours ago, Martin56 said:

When I was working, I had to take a pack up lunch from home or pay at a sarnie shop.

Travel expenses!! They weren't any - They came out of my wage!!

I think that for £82,000 a year, MP's could at least stand their own Dinner Money!!

You’re so right Martin, when I was a serving in the forces, and I’m almost sure it’s still the case, I got paid a daily rate, I also paid a daily rate for food and accommodation. On occasions when food & accommodation was not up to standard, such as living in a muddy trench! We received a small rebate on payments.

In Queens Regulations it clearly states that no payment will be taken from any member of the services who is a prisoner of war FFS, the Country holding you pays that, bloody good of the establishment to not charge you.

Dont know if this story has any merit…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59243206

Easy to check simply because if they had been buying drinks at the airport they will have charged it to expenses, they certainly wouldn’t put their hands in their own pockets!

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Well, Nicola says she knows Drew & David extremely well & if they say the allegations are false, then she has confidence in that!!

So, that's it then!!!!!!! 🍻

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!