Christmas ,happy? or crappy?

chesters1

Looks like Covid is flaring up again, the EU is in crisis and we are following (but not mentioned openly)

Will Doris make a mandatory lockdown or will the nay sayers stop it?.

Myself i have no problem how about you ?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

As long as theres not 140 anglers in the same swim taking snuff its the same here

Will germany follow ? Ve haf vays of stopping a cough!

https://www.politico.eu/article/austria-mandatory-coronavirus-vaccination-february/

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 1 month later...

Christmas has been ok so far ,saw my two sisters at the same time (one saw last in 2003) ,my mate of 45 years suddenly reapeared after 3 years ,i had been looking at old birth deaths and marriages for several months to see if his name had appeared ,he looked old!

Brother suddenly replied to my email of christmas eve today saying hi for belated christmas wishes so my parents children are accounted for and 5 grandkids appeared today from my sons collection .We saw eldest on christmas eve handing over emergency prescription (shes a pharmacist) we saw her child where he worked as we went home on the bus. The remaining sprog is never off the phone to the mrs so it seems my family at least is still going ,hopefully it's the same for everyone on here.

The only missing people I know of are 3 ex KP Morritt employees that send cards (just 2 this year), they are all in their 80's so they don't need a pandemic, old age alone has its casualties

As for covid france is over run with 208 thou cases yesterday and the health system strained due to lack of staff (pretty much the same over europe its not just here) even if this omicron strain is less deadly at the rate its expanding our nhs will not be far behind even 10% needing hospitalisation  at the numbers its effecting is bad

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Despite the scary numbers of deaths reported today and yesterday, the rolling 7-day average is actually down on mid December.

Same with the number of people in a serious condition. Despite the increase in cases, we had 896 people in a bad way on the 15th of December, but there are only 868 now

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

2 hours ago, Ken L said:

Despite the scary numbers of deaths reported today and yesterday, the rolling 7-day average is actually down on mid December.

Same with the number of people in a serious condition. Despite the increase in cases, we had 896 people in a bad way on the 15th of December, but there are only 868 now

Did the missing 28 die?

13 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Did the missing 28 die?

Died or recovered. The number in a serious condition has only just gone up a bit. It was down to 842 from the 24th to the 29th of December.

The number of deaths isn't increasing, which is the main thing:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths#card-deaths_within_28_days_of_positive_test_by_date_of_death

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

So a good way of not showing increases in covid deaths would be to not test any dead people recovered from their homes !believing anything you cannot verify yourself is foolish especialy governments!

This project fear malarky has its flaws as does the home tests, some could have covid yet insisted on going out to infect others (deliberately)

A: you don't spit or deposit your 'stuff' in the device the result will always be negative

B: you pay someone else to do it

C you buy a negative test result

Its got so many loose ends it's laughable especially with the many false negatives it gives anyway

Not enthusiastic about the booster ,we were lucky not catching it in the throngs we had to be near in the first two theres even more chance with omicron ,its safer not going out than going to get a booster imho

Dave, you’re long enough in the tooth to know that statistics can be made to say anything you want them to say.

I had to explain this to my parents when they started to panic over news reports about covid in India. The Media were bandying around the big scary numbers without putting them in the context of a 1.3 billion population.

Dad was freaking out because the BBC were showing what he saw as them having to dispose of bodies by burning them in the streets. I had to explain that open air cremation is quite normal in India, that what they were showing was a public burning ghat and that there were five pedestals, with only three of them recently used. In fact, covid numbers in India were and remain modest when viewed on a per-capita basis.

As for the vaccine and boosters, having had Covid in February, "No thank you" was an easy decision for me to make - but everyone should weigh up the pros and cons and make a decision for themselves.