Chesters1 has Neophilia (carefull!)

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BoldBear said:

We always used to use Pearl Barley in our Turkey leftover stews after Christmas which we cooked in the pressure cooker.

I didn’t take very long at all to cook in the pressure cooker and it thickened the Turkey Stew nicely and took on the flavours it was cooked in.

Unfortunately we no longer have our pressure cooker, which is a shame as me and our son always looked forward to a good turkey stew after Xmas.

Keith

It seems a bit counterproductive buying a device (machine A) that produces things fast but to put in an ingrediant i have to go into the garden open cupboard 3 and get my pressure cooker out t( a nice multicooker machine B)to make a ingrediant suitable to go in machine A .

I do have some pulse and grain additive somewhere its several years old but dry so i may resort to the old fishing method of putting some in a big vacuum flask covering it with boiling water and leave it overnight to see if its soft enough 12 hours later .Thinking about it boiling the water in my water dooda is machine C and perhaps the flask technically is machine D .Bugger once its made and i reheat it its done in a microwave (machine E) or on the stove top machine F .I may aswell just open a soup kitchen or a hotel kitchen lol

No soup today i made sausage rolls i ate 5 ...they were awfull ! But i wont give them to the foxes after my hard work .Best use cheap sausage meat methinks 97% stuff doesn't work so well

No soup because i had run out of potatoes and onions i kinder liked soup 1 and freezer 3 in shed 3 has a lot of room in it for errr soup and stuff i just wish frozen tomatoes came out better but are only fit for ........soup

Ps i can recomend the 5.7l version of this ,not the cheapest but not a ninja ,the support staff are brilliant they sent a free silicone seal for my soupmaker after i asked if they sold replacements

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pressure-Electric-Cooker-Litre-Chrome/dp/B06XC7R53Z/ref=sr_1_3?c=ts&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.vnR2NiGIhLudKaS1WsIObiIibzEtKB9DX5JN2G0qkTYSQV0YymfJ1x4WjVJylEQQ0m013YqsZf5QeQ-ggPS7stGP9mqnkl_5jDmLrJEiyHZDYVZ8qzXAYw1ojl9y1VrbXlJuxpwyPL1qDf-CzaRoNs_-XdGqgACA6SGFC0XuVamlbJRVczuQBfg_ABOBjOjkkA_6goBcL6N98tFmgQtbzYz-dtACxItGjgKwoeZVnk0.NEckwzsQ0LnzlNTXKZyj2xG5sMHoG3zJZ8KmMmOZS8U&dib_tag=se&keywords=Electric+Pressure+Cookers&qid=1710454213&s=kitchen-appliances&sr=1-3&ts_id=3538346031

PS the mrs hates it lol as i mentioned shes no cook ,never used my combi oven bar as a microwave ,never used my breadmaker (s),never used my air fryer .........BUT uses the hotpoint hot water dispenser so could be trained eventually lol

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Pearl Barley was eaten as an old Remedy for Issues, "Down There" - specifically in women suffering with Cystitis.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Posted (edited)

What! They poke a handfull up there and feel it swelling lol. hmm interesting nightime sex play though  makes a diiference to a whole mackeral i suppose.

OH you mean 'eaten' by the mouth ,whoops

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

18 hours ago, chesters1 said:

It seems a bit counterproductive buying a device (machine A) that produces things fast…

My top time saving tip is very simple, lots of recipes call for boiling water but when I watch the kettle it seems to never boil!

So I fill the kettle with water and wait for the click, then, when you have your boiling water place it in a suitable container and then freeze it, then when you need boiling water just take it out and bingo!

**note** I’m not allowed in the kitchen very often.

• Haha 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Posted (edited)

Once i invent a device that stops water going through the mesh of my dehydrator i can then dehydrate water .think of the benefits ...extreme lightness compared to unhydrated water and you could fit a gallon in a matchbox so your haversack could contain enough to cross death valley .

If you dehydrated sea water you would get free salt so you could rehydrate some and boil bacon .

All you have to do is rehydrate a pint then add it to the amount of rehydrated water to get a pint of reconstituted water ,big game changer

Todays soup was potato and leek ,pretty easy to make just cut up pots (no need to peel) into inch cubes but i used frozen leeks but chucked in an onion to improve it .Not as good as soup 1 (potato and onion) i think the chinese powder gave it the heat so i will put a teaspoon in todays soup tho see if it improves .

So far the consistency is ok if you dont fill with water to max but use the veg at max .Its a pity you have no setting for a semi chunky soup but i guess if i could be arsed i could use the chunky setting then use the smooth+ button to manually chop it smaller ,but if i am going that far i might aswell just buy a tin of the stuff but get sugar and salt in deadly amounts

Edited by chesters1