sandwich spread

butiaboy

looking round my local supermarket and came across sandwich paste and this got me thinking do's this make a good hook bait?

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

You can experiment with them by mixing in with a bread paste.

The sandwich paste on its own is to soft to stay on a hook.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

no experience of using sandwich spread but think that RUDD will be spot on to soft for hook bait w/out added bread etc.

anyway I was sat on the bank the other day eating a mini babybel (cheese)i started to roll a small bit with my fingers and wonder if it would work as a hook bait, i never tried it has anyone else done so?

Jonah13:

I was sat on the bank the other day eating a mini babybel (cheese)i started to roll a small bit with my fingers and wonder if it would work as a hook bait, i never tried it has anyone else done so?

Cheese paste combined with bread paste is a winner Jonah.

I make mine up with stale bread (crusts removed) soaked in water over night, & then grate a bit of Chedder to add to it. Spend a good half hour kneading it in my hands, & then wrapped in cling-film & into the fridge.

A crackin' bait for big Roach, & had a lot of big Chub on it too :)

Old fashioned baits like these are hardly used anymore, what with all these high-protein pellets & such like that are being bombarded into our rivers & still waters, that IMO, isn't doing anything other than making fish obese & less likely to feed on a daily basis. If i had my way, i'd bloody ban all these high-protein baits & get back to basics

[ 10. March 2005, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Bish ]

My moto is why spend money on "gimmick baits" when there's a natural larder at our disposal, & also a larder that doesn't cost an arm & a leg - (bread & cheese).

I've never used these high-protein baits like pellets & such like, & i never will. A juicy lob worm or some fresh bread 'n cheese paste will do nicely :)

It wasn't so long ago that some clubs banned wasp grub!

i have used pellets, boilies, pastes, etc etc, but all to often i come back to a bit of crust or cheese broken off my buttie, or a bit of my mid morning peperami!! i go on the understanding that if i like it, then the fish will love it, well it works with hemp right

Peter Waller:

Bread and treacle takes some beating, and you can always eat the left overs. Bream, especially have a sweet pharyngeal!!

Can't argue with that.

I used to work for British Sugar years ago & so had access to a fresh supply of molasses. Worked very well with bread & bread paste.

Even soaking stale bread used for making my paste in the water used to cook the hemp. Fish cannot refuse

jonah13 - Mini babybel is very good as bait as it is. I take the cheese out of its skin and cut it into small squares, which I mount on a hair rig and have had good results.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription