Marlin Fishing

Vagabond

quote:

Originally posted by chevin:

[QB]

QB]
Chevin, it also pulled at my heart strings when they let the fish die in Vagavonds story and your fish as well. With the work that has been done by the Kelvingrove museum and others on the tagging programe there is no need to kill these fish. If a Common Skate is caught and measured in Scotish waters the specemin comitte will accept it. The Irish have, thankfully, taken Skate off there list. To protect these quite rare fish I for one think they should be protected under LAW and all fish returned alive to breed and live to fight another day.

Tight lines all

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by DMCA:

[QB]and thanks Chevin too, though we only got a hint of what you get up to...1200 lb tiger sharks...can't we hear more about that?!?

OK, it really was a fun day. At the moment I am involved in selling my business, once that is out of the way, I will sit down and post an article about it all - that is if Elton wants it.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Would love to read it one way or another.

BTW the marlin that was brought aboard on our trip was taken off to the smokery, though somehow I never saw any of it. This may have been a good thing since our freezer (and some of the neighbour's) had been entirely filled with smoked tuna. The marlin's beak was destined to be a wall ornament. From a purely selfish point of view the advantage is that I do have some impressive photos standing next to the fish at the weigh in, but would have happily done without them to see it released. Can't put them up as don't have a scanner.

Isn't Perth the place for sailfish?

quote:

Originally posted by DMCA:

Isn't Perth the place for sailfish?[/QB]

No, you need to be a bit further north than here for sail fish. Reminds me of an amusing incident at Exmouth, I was balloon fishing, I had a bait out nearly half a mile, and a bloody sail fish jumped over my line about 80 yards from the beach :mad:

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Alan Taylor:

, it would have been nice if you had done it as an article for Anglers Net, they are few and far between sadly.

Thanks for the kind comments Alan

If Elton or one of the moderaters wish to "Lift" the piece and paste it in the articles section, please feel free to do so.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Yes, we were not overjoyed at the last fish being killed. It seemed the custom at Cabo to bring in at least one fish, so I supposed we saved two marlins' lives on the first two days.

I hope to go for Indo-Pacific Blues later this year - DMCA has really whetted my appetite !

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Chevin remember to strap Alan Parker to a big rock or the boat.His weight is next to nought big fish would have him in the water like a shot.

Have you taken him out yet ??

[ 17 July 2002, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Dragonbat ]

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

Vagabond:

If Elton or one of the moderaters wish to "Lift" the piece and paste it in the articles section, please feel free to do so.

You star....thank you :)

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Dragonbat:

Chevin remember to strap Alan Parker to a big rock or the boat.His weight is next to nought big fish would have him in the water like a shot.

Have you taken him out yet ??

No Mate, as yet we haven't met, though as soon as I am retired we will be rectifying that matter.