Hello

manxfisher

Hi Manxfisher, Hope you are having fun, we are....That Taylor Bloke is Alan Taylor from Holland, a real good guy and friend of mine, who will help you all he can, and hopefully you will help him as well, its a long standing "private" joke about the "Clique".....but if you fancy being in it, please send your name and address on a ten pound note to...... :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

manxfisher:

Hello everyone

Have been watching the boards with interest for a couple of weeks now and am so impressed that I decided to come clean and become a fully fledged member.

Welcome to the site and all you other Manxmen, seems to me that you guys can share local knowledge and possibly fish together. Your own little clique

Any time you are in Holland let me know and I will see what I can sort out with regards to fishing, I have a small boat. :D

One of the great things about this site is that I have never seen a question that could not be answered or a link provided to answer questions, oh except one question, what makes women tick

Take no notice of Norrie, he would give you the shirt of his back :D

Looking forward to some fishy stories from the IOM

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Hi there and welcome.

Not from the IOM, but Jersey!

I do quite a lot of work up there though, and frequently go fishing with a couple of guys I met through this forum!

Not many coalfish, or large tope from the shore down here!

B.A.S.S. member

hi

good to see you have joined in, i know lots of manxies read this forum but don't contribute.

spoke with manxman today and he is up for meeting with you sometime for a session when tides are right etc so maybe we can all meet up and get amongst the fish

where do you normally fish? as i don't normally bother with the rocks, spend most of my time on the beaches or the boat, or the mullet at all the usual places.

grant.. good to see ya got back from australia in one piece, tell us all how ya got on!! bet the barras were bigger than your smoothie ha ha.

chippy doesn't believe you actually caught one, he reckons it must have been your double we were fishing with :D:D:D

give me a call too let me know when you are back up here.

Hello manxfisher, and welcome to AnglersNet :)

Nursey will be round with your tablets soon, and there's some sheep in the other room if you get a bit bored :rolleyes:

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Bring on the nurses !!!

Hey Manxlad. Rocks are my natural environment, but am branching out a bit this year. Mullet are on the 'to do' list as well, so far I have only got as far as going mullet spotting during my lunch hour - it's nice just to watch them

Looking forward to our session, hopefully we can catch a few fish and swap a few tales :)

Fishing in Aus was fantastic, especially from the boat where they were using handlines, as rods weren't fast enough to catch the fish before they hit the coral again- that mught provoke some thought!! (Anyone up for a skate on a handline?)

Will be up soon- and glad to hear you are well- and glad to hear Chippy is about- had some interesting mullet sightings the other day!

B.A.S.S. member

manxfisher:

so far I have only got as far as going mullet spotting during my lunch hour - it's nice just to watch them

Why don't you have a go during your lunch hour?

I have a 6 foot rod that breaks down into 5 bits, ideal for carrying in the car, just in case :D

Cheers

Alan

ps Nursey is on holiday this week :)

[ 21. July 2004, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/