Freesat TV advice.

Cranfield

I am advised by people living in the village near us that although our area "officially" can get Freeview, the reception is very poor.

I was thinking of getting a new Freeview TV for our spare room, but am now thinking of Freesat.

My question is;

I already have Sky HD for my main TV, (I don't want Sky multiroom), can I run another TV with Freesat off the same dish ?

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I am advised by people living in the village near us that although our area "officially" can get Freeview, the reception is very poor.

I was thinking of getting a new Freeview TV for our spare room, but am now thinking of Freesat.

My question is;

I already have Sky HD for my main TV, (I don't want Sky multiroom), can I run another TV with Freesat off the same dish ?

The answer to your question is YES , providing you have enough ports left on your LNB , the pick-up head on the end of your dish. Judging by you saying you have HD which uses the SKY+ recording program then you must be using at least 2 of the usual 4 ports on the dish. The usual LNB for sky+ / HD IS A 'QUAD LNB' but sometimes i encounter a duo (2 ports) . I would be surprised if you have a duo but best to check anyway.

So , you have a quad (with 2 spare ports) and FREESAT uses the same satellite as sky 28.2E which basically means that all you have to do is run a lead from the dish to wherever you want your FREESAT box and away you go.

At the last check , Channel 5 was not on FREESAT and also Channel 4 HD weren't either (sky holds the viewing rights)

It's been up and down all year to which way they're gonna go so i may end up wrong by tomorrow.

Any probs then please PM me.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

The answer to your question is YES , providing you have enough ports left on your LNB , the pick-up head on the end of your dish. Judging by you saying you have HD which uses the SKY+ recording program then you must be using at least 2 of the usual 4 ports on the dish. The usual LNB for sky+ / HD IS A 'QUAD LNB' but sometimes i encounter a duo (2 ports) . I would be surprised if you have a duo but best to check anyway.

So , you have a quad (with 2 spare ports) and FREESAT uses the same satellite as sky 28.2E which basically means that all you have to do is run a lead from the dish to wherever you want your FREESAT box and away you go.

At the last check , Channel 5 was not on FREESAT and also Channel 4 HD weren't either (sky holds the viewing rights)

It's been up and down all year to which way they're gonna go so i may end up wrong by tomorrow.

Any probs then please PM me.

Mr M. Are SKY and Freesat transmitted by the same satellite? If not won't cranfield need some way to move his dish about?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Mr M. Are SKY and Freesat transmitted by the same satellite? If not won't cranfield need some way to move his dish about?

Nope Cory , as i say they both use 28.2E ASTRA. He's fine using his existing dish without having to re-align it , just connect another lead (if he has enough ports left on his LNB).

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Nope Cory , as i say they both use 28.2E ASTRA. He's fine using his existing dish without having to re-align it , just connect another lead (if he has enough ports left on his LNB).
Sorry Mr M. I missed that bit in your first post. :doh:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote