SSFC Under 12 metre Rule

You're entitled to your view.

I'm interested in what caught your eye in these reports?

He'd have been a very good persuader to get past a very well respected marine scientist, English Nature, fish merchants and fishermen (and me) if he put unproven piffle in those reports.

June 05

First bit to catch me eye was Quote: 'as far as the committee is concerned this legislation (buyers and sellers) will help curtail the sale of fish by unregistered sellers such as hobby fishermen, charter boats and anglers and that has to be a good thing.'

That was written by carrier and not the committee, where is the proof of this selling? How much has gone on and how many court cases.

I'll dig out some more.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'as far as the committee is concerned this legislation (buyers and sellers) will help curtail the sale of fish by unregistered sellers such as hobby fishermen, charter boats and anglers and that has to be a good thing.'

The CFO, in his report, comments on the work of the committee.

The comment you quote, relates to statute rather than SSFDC policy.

I'd imagine that to comment on such things relates to Aims and Objectives of the committees and falls under the aims and objectives of a SFC -

They will work to reduce the impact of fishing on the marine environment, while having regard for the economic development of the fisheries sector

That was written by carrier and not the committee, where is the proof of this selling?

The CFO is not required to produce proof that the UK statute is effective or not, although he would be amiss to point out that the regulation did not work in favour of SFC aims and objectives.

Can't see where you are going with this, Barry?

It's unfortunate that an ambiguous and poorly worded SSFDC byelaw was passed in 1990, well before Mr Carrier's time in post.

Given that the byelaw clearly states ... all vessels ..., then the CFO has no alternative but to implement the byelaw per se when challenged to do so.

I still maintain that the Chairman of the Committee and the CFO should have come up with a solution which could have been put before committee last autumn.

It does seem that all concerned have dragged their feet over this and that certain officials backed themselves into a very uncomfortable corner.

<_<

I still maintain that the Chairman of the Committee and the CFO should have come up with a solution which could have been put before committee last autumn.

It does seem that all concerned have dragged their feet over this and that certain officials backed themselves into a very uncomfortable corner.

I'm not going anywhere with this H A you are welcome to pick the bones out of my posts. :) One of the reasons put forward by carrier don't forget was that there would be a difference to the stock if the boats used where over 12. Same amount of anglers per boat though.

So you are correct in saying that some have backed themselves into a corner. Could it be put down to some who can't stand the success of charter skippers? Do they really want a solution in any event? As you say, dark forces.

This issue has gone up to the minister and back down again i believe, his words were something along the line of it's, something that should be sorted out locally. Do you think they will.

This is all to the expence of the local ecomomy, ratepayers and the detriment of the charter boat skippers who were looking forward to better themselves with brilliant fishing platforms, and as you have said at least one that has a top speed inside of ten knots who is more suited to inshore than off.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

As far as RSA considerations are concerned, there are far darker forces at work than the CFO on that committee.

Could it be that the relative or close aquaintence of another SFC member complained, suggesting that anglers were getting away with it. If there was a complaint of some description, then the CFO would have no option but to take action.

I'm of the view that the whole issue could have been resolved without the vessel being boarded at sea.

Ryford

Could it be that the relative or close aquaintence of another SFC member complained, suggesting that anglers were getting away with it. If there was a complaint of some description, then the CFO would have no option but to take action.

I'm of the view that the whole issue could have been resolved without the vessel being boarded at sea.

Ryford

According to Bob Shotter the fisheries vessel was under instruction to board Carlins boat from who would be interesting as there was others in the vacinity at the time.

Could it be that the relative or close aquaintence of another SFC member complained, suggesting that anglers were getting away with it.

I think it was even more personal than that.

Channel Chieftan's skipper appears to have been a target by person's unknown.

This escalated into a situation which does nothing for the under 10s, numerous tackle dealers and bait shops, festival organisers, B&Bs/guest houses/hotels and wastes the time of MFA, MGA and more.

This should have been brought to a swift conclusion by application of common sense by the SFC officials and members who are guilty of intransigence to the extreme.

Personally I think the buck should have stopped with the Chairman of the committee rather than the CFO. Unfortunately, the chairman of a SFC is an unpaid post and most defer to the opinion of the CFO.

Someone needs to be held to task since there has been gross mismanagement of the whole affair (in my humble opinion).

<_<

This escalated into a situation which does nothing for the under 10s, numerous tackle dealers and bait shops, festival organisers, B&Bs/guest houses/hotels and wastes the time of MFA, MGA and more.

This should have been brought to a swift conclusion by application of common sense by the SFC officials and members who are guilty of intransigence to the extreme.

Personally I think the buck should have stopped with the Chairman of the committee rather than the CFO. Unfortunately, the chairman of a SFC is an unpaid post and most defer to the opinion of the CFO.

Someone needs to be held to task since there has been gross mismanagement of the whole affair (in my humble opinion).

<_<

The Charter skipper Dave Gibson writes to the chairman and recieves a reply from the cfo.

You would expect a reply from the engine driver as opposed to the oily rag. B)

<_<

Hi H

Well the Chairman and his family are a well known crab pot fishermen, HA HA HA may be the charterboat kept anchoring up on their spring of pots

:thumbs:

steve

Guest challenge
Hi Barry

I been trying for conservation measures to save the failing local oyster fishery

It seems to me that if something sensilbe is put to the SSFC they do the opposite

The problem is it is just a job for the boys.

These sfc's need proper managers with fisheries related experiance of some sort

I believe that the sfc is being Carriered along by people that do not know what they are doing HA HA HA HA

:thumbs:

Steve

The SFC fisheries patrol vessel that I work on steve has over 125 years of fishing (commercial) experience within the crew alone.

125 years of hands on experience within every aspect of commercial fishing that goes on within our SFC jurisdiction and beyond.

The SFC fisheries patrol vessel that I work on steve has over 125 years of fishing (commercial) experience within the crew alone.

125 years of hands on experience within every aspect of commercial fishing that goes on within our SFC jurisdiction and beyond.

Hi Challenge

I am glad to hear your committee have got alot of experiance

But we are talking about the SSFC hear where it is an experiance for them to be on the committee, HA HA, Never seen the CFO in our port or on the patrol boat, office bound but very experienced at making paper aeroplanes lol

A cod's roe has more commen sense

This ones a school tie job

steve

Edited by steve good