What is this fish?

singy

I fished a lake in France last week and was told it held crucian to 6lb+ so I decided to catch a few. Didn't need to target them as this one took 3x22mm halibut pellets on a size 1/0 intended for the cats. Hardly the same as our shy biting native fish. :)

The fish was silver in colour, had funny raised scales and was quite rough to the touch, it had no barbules but had a bigger mouth than ours. It had a spined dorsal (like our carp) and a savage spined anal fin (as you can see this one drew blood)

One bailif called it a French crucian the other said it was an egyptian strain. Can any of you guys shed any light on it's true identity?

Posted Image

Singy

Paul Singleton

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's got the eye of a bream though, hasn't it?

Paul

Wierd isn't it? I'd say it's deffo the same family as the crucian and brown goldfish, BTW I caught loads of these not just the one freak mutant.

Paul Singleton

Posted Image

As has been said before I think it's a Carrasin, or as they are also known a French crucian.

[ 23. May 2005, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Slack lines ]

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

RUDD:

RUDD:

http://dw.plongee.free.fr/carriere/vodelee.htm  

check out the Carrasin, or the frency's version of the crucian.

chris the fish (identifier)

The map is of Belgium!!!!!!!!!
to be quite honest i didnt see the map, and even if i did, id probably have got it wrong then! :D

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand