Luce bay...what a weekend!

Fastd

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you are having an "affair" the same as me Nicky,the Mull seems to affect most anglers and also sightseers like that

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

But you have the buzzards soaring above,the llamas at Kirkubright in a few fields to compensate

Come on Dave 2 miles of duel carriageway out of 90 miles has to be seen as progress :):)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

llamas???

Are these the native scottish ones or do they import them from Wales to keep the tourists happy? Or indeed give em something to look at while waiting in the traffic!

The phone problem is a major one for me. Some years ago orange had an auto divert to another fone but they dropped it . I run my business from that phone and a missed call can cost me a lo t of money. Fishing during the summer months is stolen time for me as I get the whole winter off. Although the last mark we fished did actually have a signal...but it would be a bit limiting to only be able to fish 400 sq yards of the bay ...

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

If you intend fishing Luce Bay a lot in the future you will have to go to vodafone and give all your existing customers your new number. Run them in tandem Dave.

Put a voice message on your orange phone giving your new vodaphone mobile number. Should not be a problem :)

Pleased you had a good trip Dave. You have caught two more tope than me now

Oops one small detail I did not mention,leave your orange phone at home so people can pick up the message :)

[ 15. September 2005, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Yep it was a great weekend :D:D:D

I have just returned home to Orkney after a couple of weeks away to South Shields ( doing missionary work )

My heartfelt thanks go to David for his kind invitation to a complete stranger. Wonderful fishing, beautiful location and good company.

Thanks also to Ian and his colleagues for their generous help and advice.

And the highlight of the trip meeting the famous Snatcher and getting some valuable lures :P .

Thanks again and be sure to keep in touch especially if you are planning a trip to Orkney

Cheers

Scapa

It was a pleasure meeting the pair of you and I am pleased you got amongst the fish and enjoyed "Gods Country" for the first time!

Are you both up for "Snatchers Week 2006"

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

It looks like I might be able to get a one off trip out of Oban this coming Thursday ….

Its quite a drive from Liverpool to Oban just for a one off trip but I’ll take that chance! … I was however thinking about stopping off on the way back around The Luce Bay area …. So basically the purpose of this post is!

Where best is it for me to go to try and get a charter boat trip Tope fishing The Luce Bay area on my way back down from Oban … there will only be myself so I’m relying on a skipper that takes out Individual to make up the numbers

… any help appreciated … cheers :o )

Hiya, Your best bet will be trying Ian Burrett...he's the man to ask..... :D

His site and contact numbers are below....

http://www.onyermarks.co.uk/

[ 17. September 2005, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/