55lb ling WOW

10 brownie points

Way short of the UK record.( How do you get to work as an oil rig protection vessel?)

I thought my 31 pounder was a decent fish?

Just how big do Ling get? Have any monsters been caught by commercials?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

UK Record Ling

IGFA World Record Ling

Alaska Ling Cod but turned out to be an altogether different fish.

Another "wrong" Ling (red hake)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Brownie points.

I`m sure you`ve seen the reports from last year. When the crew of N.Sea oil-rig protection vessels (out of work trawler lads)decided to put a bait down whilst off duty?

If I`m correct, the first fish was 60 something pound. A day later an 80 something pound Ling came aboard!! Followed by much discussion, as to whether they should be allowed as British records?

We`ve all heard about monster congers, skate etc caught by commercials in their nets. I`m wondering if any trawlers have brought up a `monster` ling?

That 55lb Irish ling makes my pb look like a baby. But I`ll ask again. Just how big do they get?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Well, the 80 something is right in line with the Scotland-caught IGFA record and if you can catch an 80, there are probably some around that would break 100.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President