Bass plugging

Westie

Are poppers still effective when the water is very coloured?

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£25 the lot :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

i agree with maidstonemike re the bass bullit fished them in all condition's and states of tide and never caught a fish, re. the plugs ave used all sorts and caught fish on various plugs ( chug bug, chico boco, duel aile) and many more but the best ive found is the duel aile mag no snatchers lol) ps. £30 for the 40 plugs

Can someone tell me all about the duel aile mags then - how to best fish them - is an erratic retrieve best; do they work in coloured water (common around my neck of the woods) etc?

Anyone tried Yo Zuri Mags? Veals say they are pretty much the same as duel aile, but less expensive.

(£40.01 for the plugs).

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

I've had bass on plugs in coloured water. Storm Chug Bug on the surface 'cos it kicks up a lot of spray and jointed thunderstick in firetiger as a diver. Had my biggest plug caught bass, 10-7-0, on a Duel mag slider in about 2ft viz.

Admittedly clear water is better generally though, but dont dismiss the murky times!

As AlderneyBassman says the ChugBugs work, so do Repala Skitter Pops and Rebel PopR's if you can get em. Ive done allot of Popping for bass and must say that after trying it i would never use a Carp rod again and would stick to my 10 ft spinning rod every time. The Carp rod casts the lures great but was very tireing to use. Just my humble opinion Im not saying anyones tackle is unbalanced :D

Regards Ryan.

Ps snatcher had a few Bass on them lures of yours, fished em like redgills from the boats to take a few good un's. Ryan. :D

I agree Ryan, carp rods are fine for casting and winding a diving plug back. But when you get into fishing poppers, sliders and other dog walkers you need a short stiffish rod and lots of rod movement to make them work properly. I tried a carp rod and my arm was killing me after 15 mins, I use an 8ft Southbend Trophy Tamer which is great fun with a decent bass on braid :D