Bait aprons/pouches

Stretpegger

I also thought, would a 'bum-bag' be no use as a waistline bait device for wading etc.??

Now why don't I ever think of simple solutions like that :rolleyes: . A bum-bag would be great and could be hung round the neck for ambitious wading sessions.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used the plastic sort of bait aprons which are great but I always prefered the continental type cotton aprons and bait bags.

I got two very nice cotton aprons from Ikea, blue and green which I think are perfect, they let the maggots breath and are far more confortable to wear.

Just tried to find a pic online but they were very cheap and made of a heavy cotton material, no logo or details just a simple colour with a perfect pouch for maggots.

My solution to this problem is to use a shooters cartridge bag manuf. by Jack Pyke. Cost was roughly £20 but it's ideal for roving and holds 2 pints of maggots comfortably. Has an adjustable shoulder strap so can be worn in waist deep water without risk of the buggers getting wet.

Edited by BRPS

• 2 weeks later...

I always 'remember' that I want one the day before a fish-in and none of the tackleshops around here stock them.

There are a few available here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/shopping/search/bait-apron

There's even a Realtree one for the Peter Wallers among you ;)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE