Blanked every day

corydoras

Was at my little hideaway in Luc Sur Mer in Normandy and thought I would try a little spot of pier fishing. Did'nt catch a sodding thing all week! :( .

At least the sunsets made up for it (at least a bit) :) .

Posted Image

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

that is a nice photo corydoras :)

Andy

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

awaaar:

that is a nice photo corydoras    :)  

Andy

It's a nice place. I bought a little hideaway there a month or so ago and I had my first week in it last week. It was not really meant to be a fishing holiday but since I am only about 80 metres from the beach and I had my 8 year old with me I thought we should gou out and have a little dangle.

Did'nt catch so much as a little flounder or a even a shore crab. I never saw anyone else catch anything either.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Since you like it so much, here is a view from my balcony looking towards the sea.

Posted Image

Guest sslatter

B****Y HELL! Is that the french loch ness monster sticking up in that first pic? And that dark shape to the left of it? I might be 106 years old and blind, but that looks just like a giant mullet in the water! ?? :rolleyes::D

I was really looking forward to some scenic mullet fishing when Brenda told me that she had booked us an hotel near Inverary.

This is the pier at Inverary where I've fished for mullet in the past (just a little more scenic than Sun Pier!).

Posted Image

I was tempted to take my lure fishing tackle with me, but I finally just loaded the car with mullet tackle.

It was only when we got to Scotland that we found that the hotel 'near' to Inveraray was actually 14 miles away (around half that on single track road) right on the banks of LOCH AWE! (Loch Awe has some big pike - even the trout go to 30lbs!).

Took this from the hotel:

Posted Image

But I did finally manage to fish at Inveraray, and caught this funny looking mullet:

Posted Image

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Ahh Leon!, now you are putting me through mental torture by making me choose between my homeland and the land of our oldest ally.

Inverary and Loch Awe are both old stomping grounds of mine (I was born close by in Helensburgh). I like both Scotland and France almost equally. The main reason that I have my little hideaway in Luc Sur Mer is because that is very close to where my ex-wife and my two children live.

Us Scots and the French have much in common including our laissé faire attitude to life and the high esteem we both hold for our charming English neighbours

I did not know that mullet could be caught in Inverary but I know that they can be caught around the confluence of the rivers Leven and Clyde near Dumbarton. This is another old stomping ground of mine, but it considerably less picturesque than Inverary.

BTW the ‘funny mullet’ in your photo looks suspiciously like a Dragonet (Callionymus lyra) The males are particularly handsome during the breeding season and look as if they belong on some tropical coral reef rather than the depths of a Scottish sea loch.