Tope on a lure!

Snatcher

Has it been done before? we do not know and by the way I am mingin with the drink

Come on chaps watch the thread with interest

Sir Ian Burrett from Drummore(onyermarks - website - honest to god he caught a bigger skate than my house!)

So the crack is Ian will post to me a few of his ideal tope hooks and I will attempt to tie up the ideal tope "FLY" Ideas chaps?

Guessing a 6/0 macck imatation for starters but come on lads it will be a AN record -teamwork thats the game X

[ 16. January 2005, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of US based sea-fly-anglers fish for shark - here's a page about blues.

http://www.flyfisherman.com/southwest/dbmo...onterey/#sharks

The problem with tope is that as far as I know they are low to bottom feeders, so sight fishing with a lure down there will depend on water conditions, and it won't be on a fly rod! If the water is clear enough and the lure looks like an injured fish of a size to make them interested it out to be possible....need a pike trace though!

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Hi

I'd recommend something that looks like a sandeel as opposed to mackerel as this might better fit the mid to bottom water predatory patroling Tope seem to utilise or if you want a really tough challenge, try a flatfish lure...

For the record, I am currently experimenting with soft plastic designs and if I find something that works I will post it here - should be relatively easy to replicate in standard fly materials...

FWIW...

Kieran Hanrahan

Catch this release... www.sea-angling-ireland.org

Just waiting for your hooks Ian. Think I will put on the black bars using a black paint spray and a cardboard template. Will put up a picture on this thread when I have done it because it could be interesting to the rest of the AN chaps watching a story unfold before their very own eyes. I have got the easy end of it Ian!

[ 17. January 2005, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Would love to see a photo of your lure Kieran.

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair