A great day on the river

fruitloopy

I caught my first Chub yesterday...and not just one but six!

chub.jpg

I trotted a lobworm on the outside edge of the flow on a bend in the river and had one after another within the space of 3 hours. The biggest was about 2lb I think, I didnt have any scales with me. The others seemed just over a pound.

My intention was to stay mobile, cruise up and down the river and trot along some likely looking places. It really helps you to stay warm as well.

Later I chucked a jig in to try and tempt some Perch but caught a pike instead, this weighed about 3lb.

Fished from 10am to 2pm and had a cracking time. The weather was good, cold but overcast and slightly foggy which I hoped would bring the fish on.

I have been moaning about the River Nene and what seemed its lack of potential but I think I am really starting to enjoy it now, especially as there seems to be less weed in the river and out of it.

I am sorry Mr Nene...I will be back on Friday for my day off work! :D

A great day well done.

That sums up mobile river fishing for me. You can go for a relatively short session and yet still cover a lot of water (and stay warm), even if you don't catch you feel that you've given it a good try. Once you get to know the good swims short sessions can be very productive. Winter stillwater fishing doesn't appeal to me as much.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

That's a great result, nice one :)

I have a feeling the Nene is a pretty good chub river. I'm sure I watched a video on the AT website ages ago (before they redesigned it) where Richard Lee and someone else were chubbing. Rich Lee had a 5lber.

Now you know they're there and you've boosted your confidence by catching a few, you're away!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hoo-hah! a new species. Now you have a new PB to aim for.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Cant a good old chub when the weathers bad, Well done. From my experience there one fish that are easier to catch in the winter than the summer

Edited by wayne baker

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.