Amble this weekend

phil dean

Have provisionally booked the 23/24 Oct with skipper, said I would confirm with him within a couple of weeks.It would be great if the same guys could make it, can any deffinites post accordingly so I can start to count numbers again.

Have a good weekend

Ps John given the effort you put in to get there I will organise for you drink free all night if you can make it again. I might even give you some free fishing lessons !!

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put me down as well, wouldnt miss it for the world.... :D

Good weather has been ordered...... :rolleyes:

[ 17. September 2004, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

By no means was that the first time I've had a trip cancelled due to weather - half expected the trip to be called off looking at the forecast, but was looking forward to some shore fishing.

Norrie - good news is that I got back from Weatherby twice as quickly as it took me to get there :) I turned around as the traffic on the M5, M42 and M1 as far as Nottingham had been very bad making me too late for the planned night out on the 'toon' with my cousin, so I was going straight to my Uncle's house about 5 miles from Amble. Rather than carry on and travel back tomorrow, it seemed more sensible to turn around and travel back tonight, giving me a full weekend at home.

Shame the shore fishing was off though.

Peter - I'm in - One drink will do, count me in for the 23rd/24th. :D:D:D

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

By the way - If anyone lives anywhere along or near my route (M5 from Somerset, M42, M1, A1), I'm quite happy to pick them up on the way - I may even give them a lift back as well :D

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

John, I'm glad you at least had a decent trip home .....Was a pig about the beach casting, but, the skip is a good lad,we trust him, and we are all cheesed off at being blown off. But at least we have October to look forward to, and according to Dave the Skipper, it will be even better fishing, "real" wreck stuff.....canny wait.....

Cheers.

Norrie :D

Theocritis..

jabee:

By the way - If anyone lives anywhere along or near my route (M5 from Somerset, M42, M1, A1), I'm quite happy to pick them up on the way - I may even give them a lift back as well :D

John, Hows about giving my mum (she lives in Nottingham,just off junct 24 ) a lift up, I havent seen her for a couple of months...... :D:D

[ 18. September 2004, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

Theocritis..