How do you sleep

poledark

Following on the what sleeping bag would you buy, I was intrigued by the comment that the person was quite warm even though only wearing a tee shirt!

When I used to night fish in the winter, I kept all my warm clothing on, and wrapped myself in the sleeping bag. But then, I was expecting to catch a fish or two :)

How do YOU sleep in the winter?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I keep my clothing on, too, Den. This often involves thermals and an outer fleece and it is sooooooooo warm! I used to keep my trainers on, but have Crocs these days.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I bring my rods in when I intend to sleep. I know from past experience that my waking up suddenly in the middle of the night is not a good thing. I'm as likely to walk into the lake as to my rods.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I bring my rods in when I intend to sleep. I know from past experience that my waking up suddenly in the middle of the night is not a good thing. I'm as likely to walk into the lake as to my rods.

Done that before :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Me too Newt :) the last night session I did was at Wingham and I nearly ended up in the drink. I'm to old to be staggering about trying to get a grip on reality while on a fishing platform :)

Takes me 10 minutes to find my legs when I'm at home :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I was so glad when I finally had enough of winter carping! Only bivvying up I do in the winter now days is camping really rather than fishing!

I only fish nights for Zander these days in the winter and as predators and kipping dont go together I tend to stay up at night and wind in and kip during the day.Often just to save travelling.

Secret of any keeping warm though is to use multiple thin layers be that clothing or bedding.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I sleep in just jeans and a t-shirt all year round. All my sleeping bags are too warm for me to be able to sleep in full daytime fishing gear. I keep a coat to hand and my walking boots are at the side of my bed. I rarely get woken up in the night, and can't even remember the last time when night fishing in winter - well except to get up for a pee ;)

Rob.

I dont night fish in the winter now, When i think back to when i had the carp bug and look at some of the pics of frosty mornings and snow i must of been mad, When ever possible i would set the rods up as close to the bivvy as i could, Sometimes even with the butts entering the door of the bivvy so i wouldnt have to stager about in the dark on a slippery bank. Theres nothing worse than those first few seconds when you get a take in the night and you jump up to quick and loose you balance. As for sleeping i would just wear my normal clothes in the bag, And keep the wellies by the rods so i could slip them on once i was composed. I even sometimes use to put down a old piece of that fake turf, The type you get on veggie stalls to keep me from getting my feet to dirty before i got me boots on, Total maddness thinking back now, I will stick with my pike and chub in my old age lol

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

I know that numerous bites are received in the Early Morning hours on many venues, but I still pull my lines in if I am going to sleep! If I am napping along side of the rods, I will cover up to prevent the dew from collecting directly on my clothing. At this point I am normally sitting and my clothing are the same that I had on earlier. If and when I do decide to sleep while out, I will keep my thermal underware on as a minimum during Very Cold periods. If it is Cold Enough to wear them during the day, then keeping them on at night in a shelter should not be a problem. In most Bivvies, you will not have a Heater that will warm it to the point of sweating. On your cot/bed, you should have a layer between it and the Sleeping bag. This will Help Insulate you from the cooler air from below. The sleeping bag itself will maintain the heat that your body makes, but you may also need a Thin covering to Help this when in extreem situations. This my opinion and also what works for me!

HOPPY4

HOPPY