Web Site Help

SandTiger

K, I've just done a webby and would love comments, harsh, cruel & constructive - It's still in proto, yesssss, I'll sort the menu links out in order over the next day or so - But any comments on content, design, ease of access etc... would be welcomed :)

http://www.karenseaangling.co.uk

Kaz.

I`ll not bother looking at the website yet then. Last time I saw an orange floaty, it contained a legal boffin with a hangover! Not a pretty sight.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

The scrolling thumbnails are sort of distracting and to me, annoying.

The news links (random headline news things) are there because ..... ??

Nice start but I think that overall, it doesn't seem to focus on the boat.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks for looking Newt and for your comments :)

I have others saying how much they like the random pix so I guess it's a case of not being able to please all of the people all of the time.

To date I have been consintrating on the design structure over the content - In time the news link will provide an online diary of catch reports and adventures :)

The calender will contain boat bookings so that clients can plan trips in the knowledge of what dates are available.

I'm currently toying with a web cam and deciding if I should add a Guest Book?

A full splash screen covering the boat & info will replace the current home page in the next few days.

I just looked at my comments again. They were pretty stark but hey, it was 2am here. I know you did say, "would love comments, harsh, cruel & constructive" but I shoulda padded mine a little maybe. :)

The scrolling pieces on any web page are good for some folks and annoying to others. May be a function of age or something. I also like to have random pics available but just hate the stuff slithering around on a section of the screen when I'm trying to read another section.

The calender/schedule is a great idea.

The color scheme is good. Not anything to distract from your content.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I see the cod is still looking happy

I like the look of the site, don't know if its just my computer but the size of the Karen has just come up as ??.

Haven't been right through though (yet). kinda glad there aren't many pic of me up there :D:D

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!