Next year's Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

A lot of you have asked, both on the Forum and privately, about the dates for next year's event. Unless you hear to the contrary it'll be 9am Saturday, May 19th to 6pm Monday, May 21st. I'll announce the Fish-In early 2007 or late 2006 and regularly bring it to the top, and finally start taking bookings about 3-4 weeks beforehand.

I was expecting to have to arrange 2 sittings this year, but in the event it wasn't necessary. It may be mentioning this that put people off coming.

However, after this year's catches it may be the only way to accomodate everyone! I'm therefore arranging to have some events for those who won't be fishing or who are just visiting. What I've got in mind is a series of talks in the clubhouse. I'll do at least one and Budgie has also kindly volunteered the same.

Additionally, I thought of showing some videos, especially if the weather is bad. I haven't seen any of the Korda underwater ones so will get a set of these nearer the time.

Another change is that Peggy has volunteered to do some jacket potatoes to go with the various meats at the daily BBQs.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the above, and would also welcome any other ideas.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hi Steve

About the only thing that I think you could do to make the Wingham fish-in even better for the future is to move it a couple of hundred miles further north :thumbs::thumbs:

But I guess that won't be happening :(

Hope you have another good one next year.

Would it help the purse strings if other people brought food too?

I love doing home made spring rolls (nice n spicy!) and could happily make a load of them next year - remind me nearer the time tho Steve as my memory isn't what it used to be!

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

I love doing home made spring rolls

hello there my new bestest mate :D

Leon

Excellent idea of a tackle stall, am i right in thinking people attending could bring tackle thats been donated or they don't use anymore and any proceeds could be handed to Steve to do with as he pleases, IE for a charity or for him to spend on the reserve (as in conservation work) to keep the place beautiful for the following generations of AN'ers who have the lcuk to fish at wingham.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

We just covered the costs on the BBQ, despite some of you having bigger appetites than Peggy had budgetted for! So bringing your own food won't help balance the books, and may make more work for Peggy. What Peggy has asked for is a brick BBQ outside, and hopefully this will be ready for next year.

I very much like the idea of a used tackle stall. I donated a reel to Budgie to repair and give to Les Webber, and Wingham would be a good place to pass items on rather than pay for postage. Additionally, I'm sure some of us have some secondhand tackle that others might like. Another worthy cause for this would be the ACA, that really seems to have got its act together again recently.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

It's a possibility, Seph. We've got 3 portable BBQs plus the cooker in the kitchen. Peggy just wants something more stable and with a lot of horizontal space. She was staggered by just how much we ate!

Well one thing Steve that should NOT be a problem is TACKLE!! I seem to get a "BIT" now and again!! Only other thing I can add is that I will (God willing!) be in France by then but do hope to be able to make it at least ONE year!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))