Seized Pole Joint

AndyHill

Hi there guys,

Just wanted to know if any1 has any tips for freeing 2 sections stuck together.

I have had some stuck together before and a little effort and they come apart. But this is looking bad. It just aint moving.

Any ideas are more than welcome. As I realy dont want to have to spend money on new sections <_<

Try getting two other people to pull and twist at the same time on either end of the jammed sections while you tap the joint with something like a piece of wood. Hopefully that will work, tell me if it does. Good luck.

Edited by dom16

DON'T tap the joint. You could create small hairline fractures in the carbon. Here's some ideas.

1: Try pouring hot water over the joint for a minute and then pour cold water over the joint. A good sharp twist should dislodge it. Sudden expansion/contraction might allow the sections to slip apart.

2: Tie some elastic band round the blank, on either side of the joint. This gives you something to grip.

3: Get someone to hold one section, firm and steady, while you twist the other section.

4: Wave the pole gently overhead, like a fly rod. This sometimes allows the 2 sections to come free.

5: Try a Teflon lubricant, like GT85, sprayed into the join. Allow to penetrate for 5 mins, wipe clean and then try again.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

just and idea, something i use on my pole to clean it right through inside every week. is a jet wash, i have a portable one for work, maybe try taking along to a garage and using there jet wash and try using it on the joint as someone pulls the other side, it maybe enough get push out the dirt and grit the may have got on it as well. jet wash it from the outside of the joint and not inside. its just a thought.

woman want me, fish fear me

Hi there guys,

Just wanted to know if any1 has any tips for freeing 2 sections stuck together.

I have had some stuck together before and a little effort and they come apart. But this is looking bad. It just aint moving.

Any ideas are more than welcome. As I realy dont want to have to spend money on new sections <_<

just do this,

get two people to hold your pole either side of the stuck joints (about 24 inches back and lean back,)

then you

rotate the joints,

bingo the joints come apart.

ps never twist a stuck joint, just ease the joint apart. pull and rotate anything else will kill your pole.

Edited by kempo

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Andy, is your pole still stuck? If it is, did you put it together wet?

If so, then it will probably come apart quite easily if you let it dry out in a warm room.

I had this happen a couple of times to me, and it came apart when the joint dried out.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

How did you get on with the sections?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

One way to free and also a good way to clean your pole, take it in the shower, then dry off with towel, comes up as new.

Kinda kinky that.......

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.